5th March 2015, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Army if having 5 feet height being B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student?

Hello Sir, I m doing B.Tech. I m in 3rd year (ECE department).
And I want to join INDIAN ARMY but my height is 5 feet .
So sir I want to know that m i am eligible for INDIAN ARMY or not ?

5th March 2015, 10:30 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Army if having 5 feet height being B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student?

Yes, you are eligible to join in Indian Army only after completion of your B.Tech course. You cannot join in Indian Army being a B.Tech 3rd year student. To join in Indian Army after completion of your B.Tech course, you need to appear in CDS examination and the eligibility criteria required to appear in CDS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 19-24 years old.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.

The minimum height required to qualify in CDS Medical Test is 152 cms. Since, you are 5 feets (152.4 cms) height, you are eligible to join in Indian Army through CDS examination.
6th March 2015, 01:26 PM
smithapriya

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Army if having 5 feet height being B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student?

Yes, you are eligible to join in Indian Army and nice to see that you are interested in joining in Indian Army. You need to appear in the CDS examination after the completion of your degree course in order to join in Indian army.

Apart from this you must also satisfy some of the following eligibility criteria

You must be an Indian citizen.
You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks.
Your age should be in between 19-24 years.
You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.
You need to be physically and mentally fit.
You can apply in your final year

According to the rule and regulations of the government, the minimum acceptable height for Male candidate is 157.5 centimeters. For women candidate’s minimum acceptable height is 152 centimeters. The candidate must have good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability. There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or over weight.
6th March 2015, 04:25 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Actually pre-final year candidates are not eligible to apply for Indian Army Examination. Pass out candidates or pursing in the final year of degree course candidates are eligible to apply for Army examination. But being 3rd year candidates are not eligible to apply.

To apply for Indian Army Examination, you have to satisfy the above Height Standards.

Indian Army Eligibility Criteria :

-> You should have passed degree course from a recognized University.

-> You must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 24 years and no upper age limits is applicable.

-> Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for Indian Army Examination.

-> Final year of degree course may also eligible to apply.
10th April 2015, 05:08 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

I am really sorry dear, you don't have a eligibility criteria to join Indian Army with 5 feet. Any candidate who wants to join in Indian Army must posses both Eligibility criteria in the sense of Educational qualification, Age limits and Physical standards.

To get in to the Indian Army , you should have a graduation from the recognized university. For this you can apply for CDS ( Combined Defence Services ) .There by you will get a chance to enter in to the Indian Army.

Minimum Age limit : 19 years

Maximum Age limit : 25 years

There is a relaxation for the age as per the government rules.

Physical standards required for both Men and Women candidates :

Height should be 157.5 for Male candidates

152 cms for Female candidate.

But for NDA you are not eligible since I think you could crossed the age limits. For NDA your height is acceptable but not for CDS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?