29th October 2015, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to MCA course in NIT, Jamshedpur after scoring 60% in ISC and distinction in BCA?

Am I eligible to MCA course in NIT, Jamshedpur after scoring 60% in ISC and distinction in BCA? Can you please let me know the minimum eligibility criteria which is followed for the college? So, awaiting for the answer to be taken soon.

Thanks!

29th October 2015, 11:19 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to MCA course in NIT, Jamshedpur after scoring 60% in ISC and distinction in BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to MCA course in NIT, Jamshedpur after scoring 60% in ISC and distinction in BCA? Can you please let me know the minimum eligibility criteria which is followed for the college? So, awaiting for the answer to be taken soon.

Thanks!
Yes, you are eligible for MCA course.

MCA stands for Master in Computer Application.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 60% marks then you are eligible for MCA admission but Mathematics subject is compulsory in your throughout studies.
29th October 2015, 01:50 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to MCA course in NIT, Jamshedpur after scoring 60% in ISC and distinction in BCA?

To do master's degree in computer application from National Institute of Technology you must apply for the NIMCET and clear it with good rank.

NIMCET stands for the National Institute of Technology for Master of computer applications. The NIMCET score is accepted by NITs for MCA admission. Only 11 NITs offer MCA course and NIT Jamshedpur is one of them.

The eligibility criteria is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline of duration three years and with minimum of 60% marks and mathematics must be a compulsory subject in 10+2 and bachelor's degree.

You can apply for the NIMCET exam with 60% marks in ISC and distinction in BCA.
29th October 2015, 03:33 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to pursue the MCA ( Master of Computer Application ) courses. To pursue the course from the National Institute of Technology you have to qualify in the NIMCET entrance examination.

The examination is conducted for the admission in the 11 NIT's of India for the MCA courses. The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-

* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates must have at least 60% or 6.5 CGPA in the graduation.
* Candidates must have mathematics as one of the main paper in the 12th and the graduation.
30th October 2015, 09:46 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for MCA in NIT ,Jamshedpur :

<> You must be Indian Citizen

<> Should have complete graduation with minimum percentage of 60% of marks from the recognized university.

<> You need to give an exam called " NIMCET " .

<> Any candidate who are eligible for NIMCET are eligible to get admission in NIT Jamshedpur for MCA.
30th October 2015, 10:55 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to purse the MCA course from one of the India's best government institute.

The aggregate in the I.Sc is not much important as to get the admission in the NIT the candidates have to qualify in the NIMCET examination. The eligibility to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university with the mathematics as main paper and above 60% aggregate.

So you need to appear for the examination and qualify in the examination to get the admission in the two year Master of Computer Application course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?