18th December 2014, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

B.Des graduates are eligible for IAS and CAT exams?

hi i am appearing for class 12 exam .i have applied for b.des course from nift.i want to know if after b.des i will be eligible to appeare for ias or give cat exam to join iim.

19th December 2014, 12:32 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Des graduates are eligible for IAS and CAT exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi i am appearing for class 12 exam .i have applied for b.des course from nift.i want to know if after b.des i will be eligible to appeare for ias or give cat exam to join iim.
Yes, you are eligible for IAS and CAT exam.

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service Examination. IAS is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam. Final year student are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years if you a general candidate. Age relaxation is provided for reserved category candidates.

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. CAT examination is conducted by IIM's every year for admission in IIM and top level MBA colleges.

Those candidate who have completed graduation degree from a recognized with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. Final year students are eligible for CAT exam.

Pattern for CAT exam:-

1.Data Interpretation.
2.Quantitative Aptitude.
3.Logical Reasoning.
4.Verbal Ability.
19th December 2014, 02:02 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, of course you are eligible for both the IAS and CAT entrance exam after completing B.Des. But, you need to score at least 50% marks in Graduation to be eligible for CAT entrance exam. Here, I am providing the eligibility criteria for IAS and CAT exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test and It is conducted by Indian Institute of Management Once in a year.

Eligibility Criteria:-

-> Bachelor’s degree of three years duration in any discipline from an institution recognized by UGC/AICTE. Those completing their final examination can also apply.
-Minimum 50% marks required in graduation course and 45% required for SC/ST reserved category students.

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and this entrance exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commision for every once in a year.

Eligibility Criteria:

-> Candidates should have three or four year bachelor’s degree in any discipline or equivalent grade of any university recognized. Those completing their final examinations can also apply.

-> Candidates age should be in between 21 years to 30 years and relaxation will be applicable for reserved category students.

Official Website - www.upsc.gov.in
19th December 2014, 09:43 AM
bablurocks

IAS exam stands for Indian Administrative Service Which is conducted by UPSC.

To apply for IAS exam, you must have passed a Bachelor Degree from a Recognized University in any stream.

There is no Percentage Requirement.

Your age should be between 21-30 years. Age relaxation is given to reserved category candidates.

CAT exam stands for Common Admission test, Which is conducted by IIM to take admission into MBA.

Following eligibility criteria needs to be satisfied to give this examination:-

You need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.

You also need to ensure at least 50% of marks at graduation level.

There is 5% relaxation for the SC/ST candidates. They needs to get 45% of marks in aggregate.

A final year student can also appear for this examination.

For the CAT exam you have to give special importance to the following areas:-

Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation- 30 Questions- 1 hr. 10 mins (70 mins)

Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning- 30 Questions- 1 hr. 10 mins (70 mins)
23rd March 2018, 05:02 AM
Unregistered

Is 3 year course in industrial design from DSK pune is valid for IAS or MAT entrance exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?