23rd July 2018, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

Biotechnology or Biochemistry, which is better to study in BSc?

Hello, I am little confused. Actually I am interested to study Biochemistry in my BSc, but I am getting Biotechnology. So, I want to know which one I should do. Please let me know which one is better to study. Waiting for your response!

Related Questions:
  1. Biotechnology or Biochemistry, which is better to study in BSc? -- [New]
  2. How many subjects are there in Biotech and which are they
  3. Which one is good between M.Sc in biochemistry and M.Sc in biotechnology?
  4. Possibility to study M.Sc in Biochemistry for Biotechnology graduate?
  5. biochemistry is good or not after bsc biotechnology?
  6. Can I do M.Sc. in Biochemistry after completion of B.Sc.(hons) in Biotechnology? Scope and Top colleges in India for Biochemistry?
  7. Which is is better for doing PG between Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Chemistry?
  8. Which course should I opt for M.Sc among Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Nanotechnology pursuing B.Sc in Biotechnology? Career scope of Nanotechnology course?
  9. Studying TY.BSC in Biochemistry : Which subject is the best for MSc [Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Lifescience]?
  10. Can I do MSc in Biochemistry after doing BSc in Biotechnology Which are the colleges in Mumbai and Pune to do MSc in Biochemistry?
  11. Can I study MSc(Forensic Science) after completing BSc in Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Genetics?
  12. Procedure to apply for M.Sc Biochemistry in IISC?
  13. Which one has a better scope between MSC microbiology/MSC biochemistry/MSC biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Can I study BSc(Biotechnology) if haven't studied Maths in 12th?
  15. Which option is better among M.Sc in Biotechnology, bio medical sciences and Oil & gas management after B.Sc in Biochemistry?
  16. Can I study BSc(Biotechnology) with 84% in 12th GSEB?
  17. How to go for further studies in Biotechnology? I have done BSc Honors in Biotechnology
  18. Which is better among Biochemistry and Biotechnology to study in M.Sc for B.Sc(Life Science) student?
24th July 2018, 08:45 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Biotechnology or Biochemistry, which is better to study in BSc?

Biotechnology is a mixture of many fields, one of which will be biochemistry. On the other hand, a pure biochemistry course will give you in-depth knowledge about biomolecules and related stuff.

Aspirants can study any of the biochemistry courses like graduation or post graduation in the same and there are also research programs like PhD and M Phil courses in Biochemistry. Biochemists can also hunt for employment in other sectors like in immunology, virology, Horticulture and forestry.

There are a range of courses in biotechnology that an intermediate in science stream can pursue. There are also the professional programs like engineering, Pharmaceutical and medical courses in biotechnology and aspirants can also do post graduate and Research programmes in the respective fields.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?