14th August 2016, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in NIFT Examination after completion of 12th Class?

Hello Sir, I have completed my 12th Class from Commerce Background. I have done my 1st year B.Com but now I am interested to give NIFT Examination. Please tell me that Can I appear for NIFT Exam? Which course is the best for me? Please let me know as early as possible.

14th August 2016, 07:21 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in NIFT Examination after completion of 12th Class?

NIFT stands for National Institute of Fashion Technology. Yes, you are eligible to get admission in institute on the basis of 10+2 qualification.

You are eligible for the admission in Bachelor of Designing course but you have to appear and qualify in respective entrance examination for the admission. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from recognised board in any discipline.

The age limit to appear for examination is maximum 23 years. There is no age limit to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.nift.ac.in.
14th August 2016, 08:08 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

NIFT is an acronym for National Institute of Fashion Technology.

Being a Commerce stream student, you can apply for Bachelor Programmes in Design (B.Des) (Fashion Design / Leather Design / Accessory Design / Textile Design / Knitwear Design / Fashion Communication).

Eligibility criteria required to get admission for Bachelors degree course in NIFT :-

-The candidate should have passed the 10+2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern from any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination.

-The maximum age to apply for NIFT exam is 23 years as on 1st October of the year of admission. There is age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST candidates and Differently Abled Person (PHP).

Admission to the course is offered by the institute through the entrance exam. The written test is conducted to test the knowledge, skill and aptitude of the candidates for the course opted. There is no negative marking for wrong attempts and each right answer will get 1 mark.
14th August 2016, 08:53 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates passed 10+2 are eligible to get admission in NIFT in bachelor degree.

So, after 10+2 with commerce stream you are eligible to get admission in NIFT. The eligibility to appear for NIFT B.Des examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from recognised board in any discipline.

To get syllabus and more information about examination visit at www.nift.ac.in.

So, you can appear for examination. But, you are not eligible to appear for B.F.Tech.
15th August 2016, 12:17 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in NIFT Entrance Examination after completion of 12th Class. The basic educational qualification required to appear in NIFT Entrance Examination is as follows.

>> For B.Des or B.Tech through NIFT Exam:

* Candidates must have completed 12th Class in 10+2 pattern of Examination from any recognized Central or state board of secondary examination.

* As you are done with 12th Class in Commerce stream, I am sure you are eligible to appear in NIFT Examination.
15th August 2016, 12:57 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to write NIFT examination after 12th. You can also write this after completing graduation also as because there is no any bondage about this. It is not compulsory to write NIFT after 12th only you can pursue this after higher education also.
Candidate must have passed their 12th from any of the recognized university.
Candidate must have passed with at least 45% aggregate.
15th August 2016, 03:35 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible to appear for NIFT examination after completion of your 12th boards, there is no such problem in it.

You can also get admission in the above mentioned course, but for that you will have to appear for NIFT entrance examination conducted by the respective Institute mentioned above.
27th March 2017, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

I am currently in class 10th. Can i appear in NIFT if i am opting for non medical stream in 11th? What else should i choose for appearing in NIFT after 12th?
28th March 2018, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

I have completed 12th with PCB now I am interesting in NIFT. Can I appear in NIFT 2018
4th October 2018, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

I have completed 12th with Conner%u2019s with maths now l am interesting in nift. Can l jon
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?