1st March 2016, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for the civil services preliminary examination when am doing my last year of graduation?

Can I apply for the civil services preliminary examination when am doing my last year of graduation? What is the eligibility criteria required for the same? Can someone please guide me with the information on the same? Awaiting for the response.

1st March 2016, 03:28 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for the civil services preliminary examination when am doing my last year of graduation?

Eligibility Criteria Required for Civil Services Preliminary Examination:

Yes, candidates who are pursuing their final year are certainly eligible to apply for "Civil Services Preliminary" Examination. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible is given below in detail.

>> Degree of a Recognized university or its equivalent.

>> Students who are appearing in the requisite degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination. However, those candidates are supposed to submit the proof of passing the requisite qualification along with the detailed Application form for Civil Services Main Examination.

>> So as candidates who are intended to appear for the qualifying examination and who are awaiting for the results are also eligible to appear for Preliminary Examination.

>> From this criteria, you are eligible to apply for Civil Services Preliminary Examination and you must produce proof of having passed the said examination.
1st March 2016, 04:33 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for the civil services preliminary examination when am doing my last year of graduation?

Yes definitely you are eligible to apply for Civil Services Exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year if you are in the last year of your Degree Course. But you have to show your final year certificate with minimum 50% marks if you get selected for the interview. Age limit should be in between 21 to 30 years and relaxation in upper age limit is given to reserved categories as per government rules.
1st March 2016, 04:44 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

As per government rules, A final year student can also apply for civil services that is conducted by UPSC every year.

Age limit-21to 30 years

Relaxation:-

5 years to SC /ST

3 years to OBC

10 years to physically handicapped
1st March 2016, 06:17 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for the civil services preliminary examination while doing in the final year of graduation.

UPSC conducts civil services exam in order to recruit personnel to the posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS etc.

The eligibility criteria required for civil services exam are as under:-

-The candidate should be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university. The candidate appearing for final year exam of their degree can also apply.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 32 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process involves

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
1st March 2016, 06:43 PM
pjgp

Yes,you can apply for the Civil service examination in the final year of your graduation.
This examination will be conducted by the UPSC government every year in the month of march.
At that time you have to complete your graduation without any backlogs.
so,you can apply for the IAS examination.
1st March 2016, 06:49 PM
pjgp

Yes,you can apply for the Civil service examination in the final year of your graduation.
This examination will be conducted by the UPSC government every year in the month of may.
At that time you have to complete your graduation without any backlogs.
so,you can apply for the IAS examination.
1st March 2016, 07:10 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Final year degree students who have just given their exam and expecting the result before the August of the same year can surely apply for civil services preliminary exam.

Hence, make sure that your result will be out before the date mentioned in the notification. If your exam result will be out after the August month then you are not eligible for it.
1st March 2016, 09:11 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You need to have completed your graduation in order to be eligible for Civil Services examination. Therefore, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for civil services now in the final year of graduation.

You should complete your graduation first and then opt for the above mentioned examination.
1st March 2016, 09:15 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot apply fort Civil Services without having completed your graduation.

Eligibility:

> Candidate should have passed their graduation from a recognized University.

> Candidates age should be in between 21-30 years. Age relaxation is however provided for reserved candidates.

Therefore, I would kindly request you to complete your graduation first and then opt for the examination.
2nd March 2016, 12:38 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, last year graduation pursing candidates are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year and candidate passed or pursuing in final year from any recognised university can appear for examination. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

So, you can appear for 2016 examination. The application form for 2016 examination will be available from May. For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?