4th June 2021, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I do after 12th with arts stream for admission in B.Tech?

I am arts stream student and my subjects is Bangali, English, Computer Application, Geography, Economics and Education.So, can I do after 12th with arts to admission in B.Sc Computer Science and after this Can I do admission to B.Tech?

6th June 2021, 12:53 PM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I do after 12th with arts stream for admission in B.Tech?

Yes, You can get admission in 12th with arts stream.

You won't be able to get admission in BSc Computer Science being an Arts student.

You won't be able to take direct admission in BTech being Arts student.

You can't get admission in BTech in such condition.

You can get admission in Polytechnic Diploma in Computer Science on the basis of 10th score and than you can go BTech course.
6th June 2021, 05:16 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

✓ No, you can't do. 12th arts candidates are not eligible to do B-Tech degree . Because the educational qualification required to get admission in B-Tech course is 12th standard with mathematics , physics and chemistry as a main subject.
6th June 2021, 09:27 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue B.Sc in Computer Science after completing 12th in Arts stream.
But if you want to pursue B.Tech then, you are not eligible after completing 12th in Arts.
You must have to complete 12th from Science stream having Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English as compulsory subjects to get admission in B.Tech.
You must have to score at least 60% marks in aggregate.

Hence, it is compulsory to pursue 12th in Science stream if you want to get admission in B.Tech.
7th June 2021, 06:31 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

No, 12th arts candidates are not eligible to do B-Tech degree . Because the educational qualification required to get admission in B-Tech course is 12th standard with mathematics , physics and chemistry as a main subject.
7th June 2021, 08:18 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue B.Sc in Computer Science and thereby B.Tech course, you must have met the required eligibility criteria.

>> The minimum educational qualification for pursuing this B.Sc in Computer Science course is "12th Class with 50% marks with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics" subjects.

>> Hence, as with arts stream in 12th class I can say that you are not eligible for pursuing B.Sc in Computer Science course.

>> Even for doing B.Tech, 12th Class with PCM subjects is more than enough to be eligible.
7th June 2021, 08:20 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

The candidate should have completed 10+2 with minimum50% marks with mathematics, physics as their main subjects to be eligible for BTech admission in India. The candidate should be minimum 17 years old to be eligible for BTech admission.

IIT's are considered to be the best institutes for pursuing BTech in India. To get admission in IIT you have to qualify JEE exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?