10th June 2016, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I become Journalist after 12th with Science stream Or should we opt Commerce or Arts stream in 12th?

Hello sir/ madam, I passed 10th Class with 60% marks recently. I am weak at both Maths and Science branches, but my parents are insisting me to choose “Science” stream in 12th. But I would like to become a Journalist, Is it possible for me to become Journalist after taking up Science stream at HSC level ? Or should I choose only Commerce or Arts stream to become a Journalist ? Please clarify this doubt.

10th June 2016, 09:53 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become Journalist after 12th with Science stream Or should we opt Commerce or Arts stream in 12th?

To become Journalist you have to pass your class 12th in any discipline with minimum 50% marks from recognised board. If you are interested to opt science stream then you can become Journalist after opting science stream also. After passing class XII you have to pursue a Bachelor Degree in Mass Communication and Journalism. Minimum age limit is 17.
11th June 2016, 01:05 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become Journalist after 12th with Science stream Or should we opt Commerce or Arts stream in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir/ madam, I passed 10th Class with 60% marks recently. I am weak at both Maths and Science branches, but my parents are insisting me to choose “Science” stream in 12th. But I would like to become a Journalist, Is it possible for me to become Journalist after taking up Science stream at HSC level ? Or should I choose only Commerce or Arts stream to become a Journalist ? Please clarify this doubt.
Arts and Commerce students are also eligible for Journalist post.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board are eligible for journalist.

Your age should be above 16 years.
11th June 2016, 01:07 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you can become Journalist after 12th with Science stream also. To become a Journalist you have to study the B.A Journalism course after 12th Class. The eligibility to study the B.A Journalism course is a pass in 10+2 only. So you can study science stream in 12th Class. The 12th group will not affect your aim to become a Journalist. The course is available in various colleges in India. The duration of the course is 3 years. To become a journalist you should be very good in communication and interpersonal skills. You should know the current affairs, politics, sports & economics briefly and concentrate on any one of them in depth.
11th June 2016, 05:43 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You can become a Journalist having studied from any stream, there is no such requirement of stream in it. You will however have to pursue Bachelor in Mass Communication in order to become a Journalist in future. You can therefore study science/commerce or arts any stream you wish to opt for and can become a journalist in future, nothing to worry about.
9th February 2017, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir, I'm waseem from kashmir.i want to be journalist, i qualified my 12th with arts, now i study the B A 1st year ,
Sir , will you guide me fully ,
I will be your most thankfull.
8th March 2017, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam,I want to be a journalist, I am studying science in WBCHSE board in class 12.what to do after hs to be a journalist?
14th July 2017, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir/mam, I have taken admission in B.com. recently, I want to become a journalist, should I continue with this ?
8th August 2017, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

Sir/madam I am a student of class 11.l am studying arts from WBBSE board but I have not selected journalism and mass communication in my subjects as this subject is not in my school. I am interested to become a journalist. Can I will be eligible for it.
14th November 2018, 08:33 AM
Unregistered

My 12 stream in commerce so can I take admission in journalism base on 12 commerce
1st March 2019, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir/mam, I am studying b.sc allied health science 1st year in global health city. I completed my schooling in the year 2018.Is there any possibility of joining this course after wasting one year.
6th March 2019, 02:21 PM
Prince881993

Dear Aspirant,
To Become a journalist, you have to do journalism as you under graduation. Eligibility to pursue BA journalism and mass communication is 12th from a recognized board with 50% marks. Following institutes are providing BA Mass Communication Course
1. Amity School of Communication.
2. Kurukshetra University
3. Lovely Professional University
4. Madras Christian College
5. Christ University
6. Chandigarh University

Hope this information will helps you.
Good Luck!
7th April 2020, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

Can I do journalism after 12th science PCM?
I am from state board
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?