7th October 2021, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MBBS after completing my BPT in Surat?

I'm in 3rd year bpt but I want to do MBBS is I'm allowed to do MBBS after completing my bpt.

8th October 2021, 10:45 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MBBS after completing my BPT in Surat?

You have to appear and qualify in NEET conducted by NTA.

The eligibility is that candidate must have passed 12th or appearing for board examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper.

So, you can appear for the examination and after qualifying in the examination eligible for admission in the course.
9th October 2021, 01:13 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

MBBS is Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery. It is the five year duration course.

The required eligibility is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper. The minimum age limit is 17 years. So, you can appear for the examination and after qualifying in the examination eligible for admission in the course.

No, lateral entry after BPT in MBBS course.
9th October 2021, 07:02 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and the minimum education required for pursuing the same degree course is simply a higher secondary school degree in science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology as main subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate (or 40% marks in aggregate in case of reserved category).

So, if you hold the above mentioned qualification, then you can pursue MBBS degree course irrespective of your highest educational qualification or additional qualification.

Further, for pursuing the MBBS degree course from any medical college in India, you are required to qualify NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) UG, you can refer to the link www.ntaneet.nic.in.
10th October 2021, 12:16 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes. After completing your BPT course, You can pursue an MBBS degree.
10th October 2021, 04:52 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

it does not matter that you are pursuing BPT, because the eligibility criteria for MBBS is that you should have more than 50% in your 12th with PCB for applying for MBBS entrance and if you qualify in that entrance then only you are eligible for the next stage of MBBS.

Your age should be more than 17 years. These are the criteria that you have to fulfil in order to opt for MBBS.
10th October 2021, 11:55 PM
periwinkle09876

Admission to MBBS course is done on the basis of class 12th standard but not on the basis of any other degree course or qualification hence, if you want to pursue MBBS course then, you will have to appear in the NEET examination.
If you do so, then your BPT degree will go in vain.
Personally, I would not like to suggest you to pursue MBBS after BPT.
Rather, pursue higher degree courses to make your future bright.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?