14th March 2017, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in B.Sc or B.Tech, if have 4 years gap after class 12th?

I have completed my 10+2 in 2012 with science stream and got 71%. There is 4 years gap till now. I want to do graduation. Can I get admission in BSc or B.Tech?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to get admission in 12th standard for a candidate who has a gap of 5 years after 10th?
  2. What to say in the Interview if I have a gap of 4 years between 12th Class and B.Tech?
  3. Can I get admission in 12th Class after having a gap after 11th Class?
  4. How to take admission in BSc after completing 12th? I have taken a gap of 1 year
  5. Am I eligible for CTS campus interview if having a year gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  6. Can I attend Mahindra-Satyam On-Campus drive if having 2 years of gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  7. Am I eligible to repeat 12th Science after a gap of 2 years?
  8. Can I get admission in class 12th, having 2 years of gap after 11th?
  9. Will my campus placement get affected if I have 3 years gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  10. Can I get good Job in Software Companies having an academic gap of 5 years between 12th Class and B.Tech?
  11. Gap of 4 years between 10 and 12 class
  12. Can I get admission in other CBSE school for class 12th after 2 years gap?
  13. Am I eligible for campus placements in TCS if I have 1 year gap between 10th and 12th and 2 years gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  14. I have 3 Gap Years, will I still be eligible for Placements? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can I get admission for Engineering having 12th passed Certificate from NIOS having 4 years gap after 10th?
  16. I took gap between 12th and Btech, will it affect my career?
  17. If I have 3 years gap in between BSc and MCA and have done B.Ed course between the gap then can I mention it in my resume?
  18. Is it possible to do class 12th directly after completing class 10th with 2 years gap?
15th March 2017, 06:36 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in B.Sc or B.Tech, if have 4 years gap after class 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my 10+2 in 2012 with science stream and got 71%. There is 4 years gap till now. I want to do graduation. Can I get admission in BSc or B.Tech?

Yes, you can get admission in B.Sc after completion of class 12th and 4 years gap period. Candidates after completion of 10+2 with 55% marks are eligible to study the B.Sc course in many private universities and colleges. The duration of the B.Sc course will be three years. You can study the course after a gap of 4 years in the following universities

Amity University - Official Website

Lovely Professional University - Official Website

Sharda University - Official Website

Alpha Arts and Science College - Official Website
15th March 2017, 09:35 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission in B.Sc or B.Tech, if have 4 years gap after class 12th?

B.Sc refers to Bachelor of Science and B.Tech refers to Bachelor of Technology and as the name suggests both is a bachelor degree course for which one needs to have completed his/her higher secondary school degree with Science stream ( for B.tech PCM group ) from a recognized board.

So having completed your Class 12th with science stream with 71% aggregate you are certainly eligible for pursuing these degree course even having gap of four years after your Class 12th as gap does not matters apart from taking admission in few colleges like IIT, NIT, other CFTIs, etc. .
15th March 2017, 09:58 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can get admission to study B.Tech or B.Sc course after the completion of class 12th 4 years ago, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th from a recognised Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the course of B.Sc or B.Tech in different Colleges offering the said course.
You must have to provide a valid reason for the gap of 4 years at the time of admission.
15th March 2017, 11:01 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You have completed Intermediate level exam in 2012 with 71 % marks and then have 4 years of gap from study. Now, you are interested to get admission in B.Sc or B.Tech course.

**Yes, definitely you can get admission in graduation course (B.Sc/ B.Tech). Since B.Sc is of 3 years course while B.Tech is of 4 years duration. So you have to firstly decide which course you want to pursue and then fill the application form accordingly.

**In my opinion, you have to go for B.Sc course. The main reason is it is of 3 years duration and you can start preparation of government exams such as banking or SSC jobs in the meanwhile of graduation course.
16th March 2017, 12:24 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

There is no problem if you have fours years academic gap after 10+2. You just need to have a documents which states valid reason for that gap. You can get admission in engineering as well Bachelor of Science.

You can apply for State level engineering exam. Your attempts in JEE is over.

In Undergraduate course, you can take admission in Delhi university on basis of percentage of marks in 12th.
16th March 2017, 12:59 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You can appear for Bachelor of science or technology entrance examination after four years .

Engineering entrance exam like those conducted has no upper age limit. You can apply for your state engineering exam.

You can also do bachelor's degree.
16th March 2017, 10:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the undergraduate courses have an upper age limit, which is mostly 25 years. If you fulfill the age criteria, then you can get admission by showing a valid reason for the gap.

Admission in most cases is based on the performance in the entrance exam conducted by the concerned university.
20th July 2020, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

Gap 4 years after 12 can admission in regular college under guwahati University in bsc
4th August 2020, 05:51 PM
Sunnyprem960

Hello,

Yes, it's possible to continue your studies after time gap of 4 years in either courses.. But as I heard that to enter in to B. Tech (you need to crack eamcet, which has age limit between 17 years to 22 ( for SC/ST 25 years) ..
25th September 2021, 07:40 PM
Minal F

Yes ,you can take admission in any time after 12th there is no Age restrictions.
7th September 2022, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

Can we get an admission in the top ranking IITs for BSc or BS MS Integrated Courses, if i have completed my 12th 6 years back
15th September 2022, 04:42 PM
marionlankford

There is no problem if you have fours years academic gap after 10+2. You just need to have a documents which states valid reason for that gap. You can get admission in engineering as well Bachelor of Science. You can apply for State level engineering exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?