11th August 2020, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Army or become an IPS Officer through Bachelor of Social Work course?

Hi everyone, I am an Engineering student. But I want to quit my Engineering because I want to study Bachelor of Social Work course. I have scored 55% marks in my 12th standard and I am in 2nd year of my BTech. So, if I do BSW then through this course, I can become an IPS Officer or I can join Indian Army?

13th August 2020, 09:08 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army or become an IPS Officer through Bachelor of Social Work course?

Yes, you can definitely become an IPS (Indian Police Service) officer or join Indian Army on the basis of Bachelor's Degree course in Social Work as for both options mentioned above, bachelor's degree holder in any discipline are eligible.

Further, for becoming an IPS officer, you will be required to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC while for joining Indian Army as a commissioned officer, you will be required to qualify CDS examination which too is held by UPSC.

For more details regarding Civil Services Examination and CDS Examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in while for details regarding different career options available in Indian Army, you can refer to the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?