6th August 2019, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I study BA(Social Work) Honours being a 12th Humanities student?

I am a student of 12th studying with Humanities. I don’t want to do normal Graduation, I want to doBA(Social Work) Honours from Aditi Mahavidyalaya Delhi. I would like to know that I can do this BA(Social Work) Honours course?

10th August 2019, 07:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BA(Social Work) Honours being a 12th Humanities student?

Yes, you can surely apply for BA (Social Work) if you have studied humanitties stream. In fact, arts stream is a preferred stream for social work courses and most of the college accept any stream class 12th students for such course.

Admission will be on the basis of marks in the class 12th board exam. Just make sure you have excellent marks in it. Some universities even hold entrance exam for admission. So you can apply according to the notification for the admission.
10th August 2019, 07:25 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BA(Social Work) Honours being a 12th Humanities student?

Yes, you can definitely pursue BA(Social Work) Honours being a 12th Humanities student. The basic eligibility for this course is the candidate must have completed 12th class in any discipline from a recognized institute/board.
Duration of BA(Social Work) Honours is full time 3 years.
10th August 2019, 09:36 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The minimum education required to pursue B.A.(Hons.) in Social Work degree course from Aditi Mahavidyalaya, University of Delhi is a Class 12th in any discipline with minimum 45% marks in the aggregate of best four subjects including at least one language in a qualifying examination recognized by University of Delhi. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for candidates from SC/ST category.

So, having completed your Class 12th with Humanities stream, you are eligible for admission to the same college for pursuing B.A.(Hons.) Social Work degree course if you satisfy the minimum percentage requirement too.

For detailed information regarding different courses offered at Aditi Mahavidyalaya and its respective admission criteria and procedure, you can refer to the link http://aditi.du.ac.in/prospectus and download the prospectus of the same college.
11th August 2019, 09:16 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> B.A. Hons. Social Work or Bachelor of Arts Honours in Social Work is an undergraduate Social Work course.

=> Yes, you are eligible to do BA(Social Work) Honours being a 12th Humanities student.

BEST PLACE FOR YOU

=> Tata Institute of Social Sciences - TISS, Mumbai

=> Jamia Millia Islamia - JMI, New Delhi

=> Bhim Rao Ambedkar College, Delhi
22nd August 2019, 08:14 PM
sharmasheetal

Yes, of course, you can do BA(Social work) Hounours being a 12th Humanities student.
For BA(social work) candidate completed their 12th class in any stream from a recognized board of education with minimum marks aggregate 55%.
Time period of BA is 3 three years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?