27th January 2019, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I study BTech(Civil Engineering) being a CSE Diploma holder?

Hello friends, I am interested to study BTech course in Civil Engineering. But, I have completed my Diploma course in Computer Science Engineering(CSE). Please let me know that can I study BTech course with this specialziation?

2nd February 2019, 10:58 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BTech(Civil Engineering) being a CSE Diploma holder?

In order to pursue BTech(Civil Engineering) course, you should have completed your 12th standard with PCM subjects with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board. Candidates who have completed their diploma in mechanical or allied streams are also eligible.
2nd February 2019, 02:12 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you can’t study B.Tech (Civil Engineering) course after completion of your CSE Diploma course. To be eligible to pursue B.Tech (Civil Engineering) course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board or Diploma in Civil Engineering or any related stream from a recognised institute. So, being a Diploma holder in CSE, you are not eligible to pursue B.Tech (Civil Engineering) course.
2nd February 2019, 11:03 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to do BTech in civil engineering being a CSE diploma holder.
BTech in civil engineering is undergraduate course and the duration of this course is 4 years and if you join it by letter entry then the duration of this course is 3 years. So if you want to get admission in BTech in civil engineering then you must have to pass 10 + 2 with physics, mathematics and chemistry.
2nd February 2019, 11:45 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to study BTech(Civil Engineering) being a CSE Diploma holder.

Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering is an undergraduate Civil Engineering course. The basic eligibility required to enter in this course is the candidate should have passed 12th class or Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized university.

My suggestion to you is that you should go for the B.Tech CSE course after completing Diploma CSE course. The duration of this course is three years on the basis of Diploma course.
3rd February 2019, 02:06 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friends, I am interested to study BTech course in Civil Engineering. But, I have completed my Diploma course in Computer Science Engineering(CSE). Please let me know that can I study BTech course with this specialziation?

Sorry, you cannot study BTech in Civil Engineering being a CSE Diploma holder. You can study BE/BTech in Computer Science or Information Technology course after completion of Diploma in Computer Science Engineering course through lateral entry mode. Only students who have passed Diploma in Civil Engineering course are eligible to study BTech in Civil Engineering course through lateral entry mode. If selected, students are admitted directly to the second year of the BE/BTech course.
4th February 2019, 06:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for JEE Main on the basis of your diploma in CSE. You will be eligible for B.Tech civil engineering 1st year admission through this entrance exam. Just make sure you are well prepared for it.

If you want lateral entry admission in B.Tech 2nd year, then you need to opt for B.Tech CSE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?