17th August 2019, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I study MBBS after completing BSc(Nursing) course?

Hi everyone, can I know my eligibility to do MBBS as I am a student of BSc(Nursing), so I will be able to do this MBBS? I am interested to do this MBBS course. Please let me know about this as soon as possible. Thank you!

20th August 2019, 10:51 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MBBS after completing BSc(Nursing) course?

Yes, definitely you can pursue MBBS after completion of BSc nursing course but there is no such procedure that you will get admission directly in 2nd year of this MBBS course.
As per the rules, you will have to appear for MBBS entrance examination on the basis of your 12th and after passing the entrance you will get admission in 1st year of MBBS course.
20th August 2019, 11:27 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to proceed for MBBS after completing your B.Sc Nursing then you can definitely go for it.

Following is the basic eligibility criteria for MBBS:-
You must have passed your 12th
from a recognised University or Institute with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
General and OBC categories students must have passed with above 50% marks and SC / St students must have passed with 40% marks in 12th.
Minimum age limit is 17 years and maximum age limit is 25 years.
20th August 2019, 11:33 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

In order to get admission into MBBS course you need to pass the entrance exam
conducted by state or central government.

For applying to the entrance exam go through the official notification in detail and later applying for the exam in order to get into the course.
20th August 2019, 11:45 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

If you want to pursue MBBS course after completion of your BSc nursing course then you will have to appear in the NEET exam on the basis of your 12th standard.
If you able to qualify the exam then you will get admission in 1st year of MBBS course.
There is no such procedure of lateral entry.
21st August 2019, 04:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can surely apply for MBBS admission if you are studying BSc nursing. You just need to appear for medical entrance exam like NEET for which you just need to have class 12th with PCB stream from a recognized board of education.

Your BSc nursing degree is not going to have any effect on your admission. Just make sure you are well prepared for the entrance exam.
21st August 2019, 07:21 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study MBBS after completing BSc(Nursing) course. MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. The admission of the candidate in this course will be done on the basis of NEET score. The required eligibility to get admission in MBBS course is the candidate should have passed 12th class with Physics, Biology and Chemistry subjects from a recognized board. As per my suggestion, you should score good marks in the NEET examination to get admission in a good government college.
22nd August 2019, 11:01 AM
Sunnyexpert

Yes, you can study MBBS after completing B.Sc. in Nursing course. As a Nursing graduate, you will get lateral entry into MBBS courses however you will need to appear for NEET-UG entrance test for entry to MBBS. After clearing the entrance examination, a merit list will be prepared on the basis of the score secured. After that, you will be invited to the counseling process as per your rank.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?