26th November 2016, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I take admission in IIT Bombay, if appear for exam at Jaipur or Jodhpur?

I want to take admission in IIT Bombay. How I should prepare for this and which exam centre I should choose? If I would give exam from Jaipur or Jodhpur, can I take admission in IIT Bombay?

26th November 2016, 07:22 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in IIT Bombay, if appear for exam at Jaipur or Jodhpur?

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and for getting admission in IIT you need to qualify JEE.

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination which is held by CBSE once every year for offering admission in undergraduate technical course in Centrally Funded Institutes of Technology like IIT, NIT, ISM,etc. and other private colleges on the basis of performance in JEE.

As far as you are worried about getting admission in IIT Bombay after opting for center in Jaipur or Jodhpur then you must not be worried in this context as it is the national level examination for which merit list for admission is prepared on the basis of JEE score irrelevant where the student has appeared in the examination.

The motto of choice of center given to the candidates is only that the student has no tension for reaching to the examination center and avoid crowd at a particular center.

For more details about JEE and admission procedure for IIT you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in and www.jeeadv.nic.in.
26th November 2016, 07:25 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in IIT Bombay, if appear for exam at Jaipur or Jodhpur?

To get admission in IIT candidates have to appear and qualify in both stages of JEE.

The candidates are eligible to select the examination center as per their convenience but the center will be allocated only as according to seats available.

To qualify in examination you need to go through all the topics of syllabus with better understanding of numerical, logical and theoretical questions.
26th November 2016, 09:05 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There is nothing to do with exam center, if you want to get admission in the said IIT. Only a good score can help you get admission in IIT, Bombay through counselling. You can appear for exam anywhere in India where the exam center is allotted to you.

Hence, you can surely appear for exam in Jaipur or Jodhpur or any other designated center, it will not affect your candidature for admission in IIT, Bombay, if you have performed well in the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?