24th December 2013, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to complete graduation with CA?

I am going to take cpt december attempt i want to know is it compulsory to complete my graduation with ca

31st December 2013, 12:03 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to complete graduation with CA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am going to take cpt december attempt i want to know is it compulsory to complete my graduation with ca
Hey friend,

Is it compulsory to complete graduation with CA?

No,it is not like that,it is not needed that you need to have completed graduation to be a Chartered Accountant(CA).

The procedure to become a Chartered Accountant is that you need to join the ICWAI course and finish all the levels in it and the levels are:

>> Foundation

>> Intermediate

>> Final

If you have completed 10th from a recognized school board of education then you can join register yourself for the CPT ( Common Proficiency Test) and the CPT is a Entry level test and it constitutes of 4 subjects such as:
  1. Accounting
  2. General Economics
  3. Mercantile Laws
  4. Quantitative Aptitude

If you have done your Graduation then you register yourself for the Intermediate course and it will be better that you have done your degree in Commerce as it will be useful and if you have done a Degree in Commerce then you should have 50% aggregate and if you are a Non-Commerce student then you need to have 60% aggregate.

If you pass all the three levels then you will be eligible to become a Chartered Accountant.

So,you can join in the course to join in as A Chartered Accountant without doing graduation.

ALL THE BEST
4th January 2014, 05:18 PM
ranjan82 ranjan82

Default Re: Is it compulsory to complete graduation with CA?

No, graduation is not compulsory so as to enroll for CA. The basic qualification to do CA is a 12th class. Those candidates who pass 12th class can join for CA CPT. Subjects like basic accounting; mercantile laws, English language etc need to be studied in this level. It is essential to qualify CPT so as to get in to IPCC. A new rule in CA course has come about where in candidates gain CPT exemption. So, graduation is necessary in this case. Candidates should clear IPCC and also attend practical training to do final CA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?