18th February 2023, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Detailed procedure of giving IRDA exam

Dear Sir, Let me know about IRDA , have any education qualification require to do this course ? I also know what is the detailed procedure to give exam for IRDA ?

19th February 2023, 12:51 AM
AddisonRae

Default Re: Detailed procedure of giving IRDA exam

IRDA (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority) is a regulatory body in India that oversees the insurance industry. It is responsible for issuing licenses to insurance agents and brokers, among other things. To become an insurance agent in India, one must pass the IRDA examination.

The eligibility criteria for the IRDA examination vary depending on the type of insurance that an individual wants to sell. Generally, to become an insurance agent, a candidate must be at least 18 years old and have completed their 10th standard (high school) education. For selling insurance policies that involve investment, such as unit-linked insurance policies (ULIPs), the candidate must have completed their 12th standard education.

The IRDA exam is conducted by the Insurance Institute of India (III) on behalf of the IRDA. The exam is conducted in both online and offline modes, and the syllabus and examination pattern are different for different categories of insurance.

To register for the IRDA exam, candidates must visit the III website and fill out the registration form. After registering, they will receive a confirmation email with details on the exam date and venue.

To prepare for the IRDA exam, candidates can refer to the study materials and sample question papers provided by the III. They can also enroll in coaching classes or online courses offered by various institutes to prepare for the exam. The IRDA exam comprises multiple-choice questions, and candidates must score at least 35 out of 50 marks to pass the exam.

After passing the IRDA exam, candidates must apply for an insurance agent license with the IRDA. They will need to submit the necessary documents and pay the prescribed fee to obtain the license.
22nd February 2023, 03:24 PM
Sona_kshi
Banned

To apply for IRDA Exam 2023

1) Interest candidates can apply for IRDA Exam in any of the two modes i.e ONLINE mode or MANUAL or OFFLINE mode.

2) For ONLINE IRDA Exam, the candidates have to visit the official website and get themselves registered for the online IRDA Exam.

3) However, a candidate preferring the MANUAL mode of examination is required to submit the examination entry-Annexure-III- form duly completed by the candidate and countersigned by the authorized official of the sponsoring insurer.
26th February 2023, 07:34 PM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) exam is conducted for those who wish to become an insurance agent or a broker in India. Here is a detailed procedure for giving the IRDA exam:

Eligibility: To be eligible for the IRDA exam, the candidate must be an Indian citizen and have completed 18 years of age. There is no minimum educational qualification required to appear for the IRDA exam. The candidate should not have been declared insolvent or bankrupt.

Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen. Non-resident Indians (NRIs) and persons of Indian origin (PIOs) who are residing outside India are not eligible to appear for the exam.

Registration: The first step is to register for the exam. Candidates can register online through the IRDA website or offline through the designated offices.

Payment: Candidates must pay the exam fee, which varies depending on the exam type and location.

Admit card: Once the payment is confirmed, candidates will receive an admit card with details such as exam date, time, and venue.

Exam pattern: The IRDA exam consists of two parts - Part I and Part II. Part I consists of 50 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) on the basics of insurance, while Part II consists of 100 MCQs on the relevant insurance laws and regulations.

Exam duration: The exam duration for Part I is 60 minutes, and for Part II, it is 120 minutes.

Syllabus: The syllabus for the IRDA exam includes topics such as insurance principles, types of insurance, regulations, policy contracts, claim settlement procedures, and customer service.

Result: Once the exam is completed, the result will be declared within a few weeks. Candidates who score at least 35 marks in Part I and 50 marks in Part II will be considered pass.

Certificate:
Candidates who pass the IRDA exam will be awarded a certificate, which is valid for three years.

Renewal: The certificate can be renewed after three years by attending a refresher course and passing a renewal exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?