3rd December 2022, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply BCom(Hons) from BCom(General) in 2nd year under Calcutta University?

Sir, please told me the process & criteria how to get BCOM (Hons) after passing the Part-I exam from BCOM(General) course & I especially want Taxation(Hons) but if the subject not available in any college under Calcutta University otherwise I want the Accounts & Finance(Hons).

I'm a student & I pass HS under WBCHS Board with 71.25% marks (best of 4). My accountancy number 64. My HS course subject combination was Accountancy(64), Business Studies(66), Costing & Taxation(71), Commercial Law & Auditing(67).

i'm totally confused & So, please told me then your answer admitted me in the college with a suitable BCom Honours/General Course.

Sir, waiting for your answer as soon as possible.

Thanking You,
Prattyay Chatterjee

27th February 2023, 12:05 AM
4700BC

Default Re: Can I apply BCom(Hons) from BCom(General) in 2nd year under Calcutta University?

Yes, you can apply for BCom (Hons) in the 2nd year after completing the 1st year in BCom (General) under Calcutta University. The eligibility criteria and process may vary slightly from college to college, so it is best to check with the college where you want to apply for specific details.

Generally, to be eligible for BCom (Hons), you need to have scored at least 50% marks in aggregate in the 10+2 level examination. Since you have already completed Part-I of BCom (General), you will need to maintain a certain level of academic performance to be eligible for the BCom (Hons) program.

To apply for BCom (Hons), you will need to check the admission notification of the college where you wish to study. Generally, colleges release admission notifications in May-June every year. You will need to fill in the application form, attach the required documents, and pay the application fee. The documents required usually include mark sheets of Class 10 and 12, graduation mark sheets (if applicable), and other relevant documents. After submitting the application form, you will need to appear for the entrance test, if applicable.

Once the entrance test is over, the college will release the merit list based on the performance of the candidates in the test. If you are selected, you will need to attend the counseling session and complete the admission formalities. The fee structure for the BCom (Hons) program may vary from college to college.

It is important to note that the availability of the Taxation (Hons) subject will depend on the college you choose. If it is not available in the college you prefer, you may have to choose another subject or another college that offers the subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?