18th July 2017, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Details of procedure for MBBS after B.Sc nursing

Dear Sir/Madam, I am the student of B.Sc nursing final year and I want to do MBBS after my B.Sc. Is it possible or not and if it possible means, which colleges offer such course, and fees structure, is it having any entrance test, and b.sc percent how much they are seeing, and they take the students in any sports Kota, like NCC, also and if student also they can take? Please give the full details about MBBS to do after B.Sc nursing

19th July 2017, 05:33 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Details of procedure for MBBS after B.Sc nursing

Your B.Sc Nursing degree has nothing to do with MBBS course.
You are only allowed to apply for MBBS on the basis of your 12th (Bio Science) standard.
To pursue MBBS you need to appear and qualify in NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) examination.
Followings are the eligibility criteria:
>You should have passed 12th standard with subject combination of Physics, Chemistry and Biology, with at least 50% aggregate marks in it for a recognized board.
>Marks relaxation is also applicable for reserved category candidates according to government rules.
>Your age should not be lesser than 17 years.
If have NCC certificate then at the time of counselling you can take its benefits.
College and fee structure will depends on your performance in entrance examination.
20th July 2017, 03:51 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details of procedure for MBBS after B.Sc nursing

Yes for sure, you are eligible to do your MBBS after your B.Sc nursing.To get medical entry, you needs to appear for Common Entrance Test (CET) and All India Medical Entrance Examination (AIMEE). The basic eligibility for preparing is you should score at least 50% in Chemistry, Physics, Biology and English in their Higher Secondary or 10+2 exams. According to my suggestion, after your B.Sc in Nursing for four years long course, now if you do MBBS as well then it would mean another 5 years besides there would be no use of your Nursing degree. After being a nursing graduate there won't be any plus point in your MBBS, rather your 4 years of nursing course will be of no use. You can go for your M.Sc in nursing and than apply for a good job which will surely be fruitful to you. Hence the decision is fully yours.
Here is the list of few MBBS colleges in India which offers the course.
1.All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
2.Christian Medical College, Vellore (CMC, Vellore)
3.Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)
4.JIPMER
5.Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC)
6.Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC)
7.Madras Medical College (Chennai Medical College)
8.Grant Medical College
9.Kasturba Medical College (KMC)
10. Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?