1st March 2018, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Difference between MBBS and BDS? Which one has wide scope?

Hello, I want to become a Doctor. I am in class 10 now. And after my 10th I will do Science in Higher Secondary. But I came to know that there are two medical programs i.e., MBBS and BDS. I am familiar from MBBS but don’t know about BDS. Kindly tell me about the difference of these two courses. I would also like to know which one has more scope?

10th March 2018, 01:16 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difference between MBBS and BDS? Which one has wide scope?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I want to become a Doctor. I am in class 10 now. And after my 10th I will do Science in Higher Secondary. But I came to know that there are two medical programs i.e., MBBS and BDS. I am familiar from MBBS but don’t know about BDS. Kindly tell me about the difference of these two courses. I would also like to know which one has more scope?

BDS is Bachelor of Dental Surgery and it is a study of dental science. MBBS is a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. BDS required four years of study and one year of internship. BDS degree is overseen by Dental Council of India. MBBS required five years and six months to complete the course including internship. MBBS covers the whole body and BDS covers only dental. The scope of the MBBS course is high and wide compared to the BDS course. MBBS completed, candidates can study various courses (post graduate – specialty, PG – Diploma, DNB) like MD, MS, DM, etc. The competition for the MBBS course is high compared to the BDS course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?