1st March 2018, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Do I have to appear in CPT to study IPCC program after completing BBM?

Hello guys, I am really confused regarding this issue. Actually I want to know about IPCC. I am studying in BBM final year and would like to do CA course after my graduation. So, after my graduation I have to give CPT or I can get direct admission?

8th March 2018, 11:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I have to appear in CPT to study IPCC program after completing BBM?

CPT stands for Common Proficiency Test. It is an entrance examination for offering admission in CA course. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in Commerce stream with 55% aggregate or in Non-Commerce stream with 60% aggregate marks from a recognised university are exempted from appearing in CPT examination and they can directly register for IPCC course. So, if you pass your BBM course with 60% aggregate marks then, you can apply for IPCC course directly without appearing in CPT examination.
9th March 2018, 12:25 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I have to appear in CPT to study IPCC program after completing BBM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello guys, I am really confused regarding this issue. Actually I want to know about IPCC. I am studying in BBM final year and would like to do CA course after my graduation. So, after my graduation I have to give CPT or I can get direct admission?

If you score over not less than 60% marks in BBM then it is not necessary to appear in the CA CPT program. You can enroll yourself in the CA IPCC program. Those candidates who have passed BCom with at least 55% marks and other graduates/post graduates with 60% marks can apply for IPCC directly. CA IPCC contains two groups. Group 1 & 2 contains 4 papers each. You can study and appear in the examination group wise or both groups together. After clearing IPCC, you can join the Final course. You can find the details on the ICAI website, the link is given Click Here
9th March 2018, 04:57 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have for BBM degree with 60% marks, then no need to appear for CPT. In case of B.Com graduates, only 55% marks is required for IPCC direct registration.

Hence, act according to your percentage of marks. Registration are open twice in a year.
9th March 2018, 09:12 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of CA course is Chartered Accountancy course.

The different stages of CA course is:

1. Common Proficiency test.

2. Integrated Professional Competence course.

3. Final course.

Graduates or post graduates candidates are directly eligible for second stage of CA course that is IPCC. But for this, you need to have at least 55% in B.Com or 60% in non commerce stream.

It clearly means that if you score 60% marks or more, you can directly apply for IPCC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?