13th November 2016, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Do I have to qualify CPT first to pursue CA even after completing MPC group?

Respected Sir, I want to pursue CA course so can you tell me do I have to qualify CPT first to pursue CA even after completing MPC group? Please answer as soon as possible.

14th November 2016, 08:34 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I have to qualify CPT first to pursue CA even after completing MPC group?

Chartered Accountancy course has following three stages:

>>Common Proficiency Test.

>>Integrated Professional Competence Course.

>>Final course.

Common Proficiency Test is the first stage of Chartered Accountancy course. The minimum qualification required to apply for CPT is 12th from a recognized board. Senior secondary passed candidates are eligible to apply for Common Proficiency Test.

Yes, you will have to apply for CPT and then clear it to pursue Chartered Accountancy course. CPT is an objective examination which consists of questions from Fundamental of Accountancy, Mercantile law, Economics and Aptitude. To qualify this examination, you need to score minimum of 30% marks in each section and 50% aggregate in whole test to clear this test and enter into Chartered Accountancy course.
14th November 2016, 12:33 PM
pruthvi12dba

Default Re: Do I have to qualify CPT first to pursue CA even after completing MPC group?

Yes you need to qualify CPT Course to pursue CA.

* You need to register and appear for the CPT exam.

* You need to wait at least 60 days after CPT registration. You are eligible to appear the June/December exams if they registered before 1st April or 1st October.

Procedure to become CA:

* Common Proficiency Test
* Integrated Professional Competence Course
* Three years Article ship / Training under a Practicing CA
* CA Final
14th November 2016, 03:20 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will have to appear and clear CPT in order to pursue CA course further, you can only skip CPT examination if you have completed your graduation in B.Com having scored a minimum of 55% in aggregate.

You cannot ski[ CPT exam after clearance of your MPC group as there is no such provision for it.
14th November 2016, 05:33 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CA stands for Chartered Accountancy and the same course is divided in three stages which includes (i) Common Proficiency Test (CPT), (ii) Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC) and (iii) the final examination.

As per the present norms, one can exempt ( skip ) CPT ( first stage of CA course ), if he/she has completed his bachelor of commerce degree with at least 55% aggregate or bachelor degree in any other stream with at least 60% marks from a recognized university.

So being MPC group student you can skip CPT if you have completed your graduation degree with 60% marks.
14th November 2016, 07:11 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you need to appear in CPT examination and qualify to get admission for pursuing CA course after completion of your 12th standard with MPC stream from a recognised board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognised board are eligible to appear in CPT examination. Only candidates who have passed Graduation with minimum aggregate of 55% (50% for commerce graduates) marks from a recognised board are exempted from appearing in CPT examination to pursue CA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?