28th January 2019, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

Does IGNOU offer Bachelor of Library & Information Science course?

Sir, I am interested to study Bachelor of Library & Information Science course. I want to do this course from IGNOU. But, I don't know that whether this course is available in IGNOU or not. If you know then please let me know also.

4th February 2019, 04:12 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does IGNOU offer Bachelor of Library & Information Science course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am interested to study Bachelor of Library & Information Science course. I want to do this course from IGNOU. But, I don't know that whether this course is available in IGNOU or not. If you know then please let me know also.

Yes, IGNOU offers Bachelor of Library and Information Science course through distance education. Those candidates who have passed bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks or bachelor’s degree with a Diploma in Library Science or bachelor’s degree with two years of work experience in a Library & Information Centre are eligible to study the Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS) course in IGNOU. Duration of the BLIS course in IGNOU is one year. Candidates can find the details in the website link given Click Here
4th February 2019, 10:02 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, IGNOU offers Bachelor of Library and Information Science course. The detailed information is given below,

Name of the Course - Bachelor of Library and Information Science

Name of the College - IGNOU

>> Minimum duration of course - 1 year

>> Maximum duration of course - 4 years

>> Course Fee - Rs.5,000/-

>> As far as my best knowledge is concerned, there is no certain age criteria is required in order to be eligible for pursuing this course.

>> You should have done Bachelor's Degree with minimum 50% marks in order to be eligible (or) Bachelor's Degree with Diploma (1 years) in Library Science (or) Bachelor's Degree with 2 years of working experience in a Library and Information Centre.

Click here for More Details
5th February 2019, 09:05 AM
EducationConsultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Its good say that you are interested to apply for Bachelor of Library & Information Science course at IGNOU. Yes, IGNOU offers Bachelor of Library and Information Science course through distance mode.

=> The duration of the course will be minimum one year and maximum 4 years. Admission for this course available during the month of January and July session. The notification for Bachelor of Library & Information Science course through IGNOU will be released before the admission for specific course.

The candidate who satisfy below eligibility criteria can apply for the course,

- The candidate who completed their Bachelor Degree with 50% marks from a recognized university.

OR

- The candidate must completed their Bachelor's Degree with Diploma in Library Science

OR

The candidate must complete Bachelor Degree with two years of working experience in a Library and Information Centre

OR

The candidate must complete Bachelor's Degree in a Professional area such as Engineering, Pharmacy, Law etc.

Please refer the official website for more information -http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutig...s/detail/148/2
5th February 2019, 08:20 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Indira Gandhi National Open University offers Bachelor in library and information science course.
Duration the course would be one year.
Official website : www.ignou.ac.in
5th February 2019, 08:38 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

IGNOU stands for Indira Gandhi National Open University

This open University offers Bachelor of Library and Information Science course of 1 year duration.
5th February 2019, 09:09 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

As per my knowledge, yes IGNOU offers Bachelor of Library & Information Science course. Bachelor of Library and Information Science or simply BLIS is an undergraduate Library Science course.

The basic eligibility required to enter in this course is that the candidate should have passed bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university. The duration of Bachelor of Library & Information Science course is 1 year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?