11th February 2019, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

Entrance exams available to study BTech(Mechanical Engineering) in NIT-Silchar?

Hello friends, I have a dream of studying BTech(Mechanical Engineering) from NIT-Silchar. I would like to know about the entrance exams through which I can get admission in this course in this institute.

13th February 2019, 04:07 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exams available to study BTech(Mechanical Engineering) in NIT-Silchar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friends, I have a dream of studying BTech(Mechanical Engineering) from NIT-Silchar. I would like to know about the entrance exams through which I can get admission in this course in this institute.

Entrance examination available to study BTech Mechanical Engineering at the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Silchar is JEE (Main). Students who have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects are eligible to study the BTech Mechanical Engineering at the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Silchar. Duration of the BTEch Mechanical Engineering course is four years in the NIT, Silchar. Students can find the details in the website link given Click Here
14th February 2019, 09:03 AM
EducationConsultant

Default Re: Entrance exams available to study BTech(Mechanical Engineering) in NIT-Silchar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you have to appear and qualify in the JEE Main entrance exam in order to get admission for B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering. Admission in NIT-Silchar based on counseling conducted by Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) based on the rank obtained in JEE Mains. Pease study well for JEE main entrance examination.

Reference Books for JEE Main:

-> IIT JEE Toppers Handwritten Notes – Chemistry (IIT JEE SECRET) Paperback – 2017
by Toppersnotes (Author, Editor)

-> TARGET JEE Main 2019 (17 Solved Papers 2002-2018 + 10 Mock Tests) 19th Edition (English, Paperback, Disha Experts)

-> Chapterwise Solutions Physics JEE Main 2019 (English, Paperback, Arihant Experts)

-> Problem in Physics (Set of 2 Books) For IIT-JEE (Main & Advanced) By Career Point Kota Paperback – 2016
by Career Point Kota (Author)

Contact Details:

HOD: Dr. Agnimitra Biswas
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
National Institute of Technology Silchar,
Assam. Pin - 788010.
Phone: 9435500659
Email: [email protected]
14th February 2019, 10:46 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in B.Tech course in NIT, you have to appear and qualify in the Joint Entrance Examination.

It is conducted by NTA. Candidates after qualify in the examination will become eligible to get admission on the basis of rank in JEE.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have passed 12th in PCM as main paper.
14th February 2019, 01:42 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

As far as you are concerned about the entrance examination which you need to qualify for pursuing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering degree course from NIT (National Institute of Technology), Silchar then for pursuing the same you need to qualify JEE (Joint Entrance Examination).

Further, JEE is conducted by NTA twice every year in two stages which includes JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced.

For details regarding JEE, you can refer to the link www.nta.ac.in while for details regarding NIT admission procedure and other details regarding the course structure, fee structure, etc., you can refer to the link www.nits.ac.in.
14th February 2019, 02:51 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech is Bachelor in Technology. It is four year course.

The entrance examination is conducted for admission in IIT, NIT and other government or private colleges.

To get admission in NIT, candidates have to appear and qualify in JEE. It is conducted in two stages. The two stages are :- Main and Advanced.

Candidates qualifying in Main are eligible to get admission in NIT. So, you need to focus on the preparation for examination to get the admission.
14th February 2019, 05:34 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Entrance exams available to study B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) in NIT, Silchar are as follows:-
JEE Main

Duration of of the course B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) - 4 years
Eligibility -
Candidate must have successfully completed higher secondary education from a recognised educational board.
Candidate must have done 10+2 with PCM as main subjects with at least 60% aggregate.
14th February 2019, 10:40 PM
bokoma
Member+

You have to give JEE Main exam to get seat in NIT-Silchar.Try to get the best rank because it will increase the chances of getting seat in NIT-Silchar with mechanical engineering.The admission is done purely on the merit basis.

with regards.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?