16th February 2017, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

How to get admission at university of Kolkata?

My name is Ayan Baidya. Now, I am studying at Barisal university dept. of economics, but now I want to study at university of Kolkata. So, I want to know how to process to apply for admission.

Related Questions:
  1. How to get admission in Kolkata university? I have cleared entrance exam of LLB from Jabalpur University
  2. Procedure to do accounting honors in Kolkata University after scoring 63% in 12th? In which college of Kolkata can I get admission?
  3. List of best institution in West Bengal for Bachelor of Commerce(honours) in Banking & Finance? Opportunities after this course?
  4. How can I take admission in Presidency University Kolkata for honors in economics
  5. Information about JELET 2016 examination
  6. How can I take admission in MSc Chemistry in University of Kolkata
  7. Presidency university Kolkata admission and eligibility details?
  8. List of AICTE approved colleges in West Bengal for Masters(Honours) in Humanities?
  9. List of schools which offer admission to 5 years old candidate in Kolkata? Procedure to get admission?
  10. Which are the preferable engineering colleges in West Bengal?
  11. Any chance to get admitted in any government college in West Bengal after scoring 1298 in general category?
  12. Procedure to get admission in Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata to study M.A.(English)? Is there any admission test?
  13. Can I take admission in MSc Zoology in IGNOU after completing Zoology Honors from Kolkata University -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How to take admission in PG course in Presidency University, Kolkata?
  15. When will I get the forms of entrance of MSc in Physics? Maximum number of universities for it?
  16. List of colleges offering MFA(Graphics) in Kolkata
  17. Information about the pathfinder centres in Kolkata?
  18. How to get admission in Kolkata for medical seat, being a Bangladeshi?
16th February 2017, 07:45 PM
AshitaBanerjee

Default Re: How to get admission at university of Kolkata?

To take admission in CU you need to sit for an entrance examination if your percentage is lower than 60. But if you fulfill the criteria of the particular subject you are aiming for with good percentage then you can get direct admission on the basis of merit.
16th February 2017, 10:19 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

All you have to do is to take admission in that college which is affiliated with university of Calcutta because you cannot study bachelor degree over there to pursue bachelor degree you have to take admission in the college which is affiliated with university of Calcutta. Only students who wants to pursue or wants to pursue PhD can study at university of Calcutta.
17th February 2017, 12:59 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

If you want to take admission in any course under Calcutta University, then you must have to complete your Economics course which you are pursuing from Barisal University.
After the completion of your Graduation in economics, you can take admission in Post Graduation course under Calcutta University.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Post Graduation course under Calcutta University.
17th February 2017, 12:40 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My name is Ayan Baidya. Now, I am studying at Barisal university dept. of economics, but now I want to study at university of Kolkata. So, I want to know how to process to apply for admission.

For getting admission at University of Calcutta, you have to apply online. The admission to the master degree courses will be done through an entrance examination. The admission process starts in the month of June every year. You can find the notifications in the University of Calcutta (CU) website. The candidates seeking admission should have satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned by the CU. After entrance results are out, the merit list will be prepared for taking admission. You can find the details in the University of Calcutta website, the link is Click Here
17th February 2017, 02:36 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

According to me think you want to change your university which is very difficult. However, regarding your query I have attached a link below. Kindly, download the file from the given link where you will find the total information regarding the eligibility and the admission procedure of Calcutta University.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BROCHURE_2016.pdf(536.8 KB, 155 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?