18th February 2023, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Job in NASA as an EC engineer? Procedure to apply?

I want to do job in NASA as an electronics and communication engineer. At present i am studying in first semester. So,please tell me about job opportunities as an EC engineer in NASA and its salary and the procedure for apply.

19th February 2023, 01:42 AM
NaubiShah

Default Re: Job in NASA as an EC engineer? Procedure to apply?

Indians can join NASA. However, working for NASA is highly competitive and typically requires US citizenship or permanent residency. Non-US citizens can also work at NASA but the process is more complex and requires additional clearances and approvals. To work for NASA, you would need to apply to the relevant job openings that match your skills and qualifications. You can find more information about job opportunities at NASA on their website.

The opportunities available at NASA for EC engineers can vary depending on the current projects and needs.

To apply for jobs at NASA, you can visit the official NASA job portal at https://www.nasa.gov/careers. You can browse and apply for jobs based on your qualifications and interests.

As for the salary, it can vary depending on factors such as experience, education, and job position. According to the NASA pay scale, the starting salary for EC engineers can range from $52,668 to $97,034 per year, depending on the grade level.

To increase your chances of landing a job at NASA, you can focus on building a strong academic foundation, gaining relevant experience through internships and projects, and participating in extracurricular activities that demonstrate your passion for the field. Networking and staying up-to-date on the latest technological advancements and industry trends can also be beneficial.
22nd February 2023, 03:31 PM
Sona_kshi
Banned

Default Re: Job in NASA as an EC engineer? Procedure to apply?

ECE wasn't really the best engineering stream you selected if you wish to go for NASA. Aeronautical engineering or aerospace would've been far better, and you would've got many contacts through the course to get into NASA.

Now that you have taken ECE, the only way is to try contacting the people pursuing aerospace, or the teachers of aerospace, and forge contacts into space research laboratories in India firstly. After that, through contacts only, you might get a chance to apply for NASA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?