19th January 2014, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

LPU is good for Engineering? Is there dress code or uniform?

I want to take admission in lpu jalandhar. Please tell me lpu is good for engineering or not. Is dress code/ uniform is compulsory in lpu campus or class room. Lpu is ragging free or not.

23rd January 2014, 09:52 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: LPU is good for Engineering? Is there dress code or uniform?

LPU or Lovely Professional University is one of the top ranking institutes in terms of placement in India. It offers various courses which includes both regular as well as distance courses and various companies visit it for placement drives. It has good faculty and gives quality education. There is no dress code or uniform which is a compulsion in the LPU campus or classroom. However, students are asked to wear formals but it is not a compulsion. LPU is completely ragging free. Both the campus as well as the hostels are ragging free and any sort of ragging activities are seriously dealt.

It is good for engineering if you are keeping only placement point in mind since it has tie-ups with many companies. However, if by any chance you do not get placement then it will be difficult for you to get employment through off-campus interviews. This is because it is only recognized by UGC and not recognized by AICTE which is the council that looks after the technical education and recognizes the institution who are liable to offer technical education. Hence many companies will not consider you eligible during off-campus interviews.
23rd January 2014, 10:00 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

LPU or Lovely Professional University is one of the top ranking institutes in terms of placement in India. It offers various courses which includes both regular as well as distance courses and various companies visit it for placement drives. It has good faculty and gives quality education. There is no dress code or uniform which is a compulsion in the LPU campus or classroom. However, students are asked to wear formals but it is not a compulsion. LPU is completely ragging free. Both the campus as well as the hostels are ragging free and any sort of ragging activities are seriously dealt.

It is good for engineering if you are keeping only placement point in mind since it has tie-ups with many companies. However, if by any chance you do not get placement then it will be difficult for you to get employment through off-campus interviews. This is because it is only recognized by UGC and not recognized by AICTE which is the council that looks after the technical education and recognizes the institution who are liable to offer technical education. Hence many companies will not consider you eligible during off-campus interviews.
21st May 2014, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

please provide a dress code or uniform for the students who are studying in lpu
12th June 2015, 12:17 PM
deestee

Hi buddy! i hope m not late in answering you, Recently, i chanced to read a news regarding LPU and it was declared to be one of the top three universities of this nation. As far as engineering is concerned, i have my personal experience through my cousin sister who is doing B Tech CSE from the same university. And the curriculum is regularly updated keeping the placements as the most prioritized factor. They promptly conduct personality enhancement classes for the better development of interpersonal communication skills of pupils. And then there placement records are on a great hike. what else an engineer would want? So go ahead!
4th May 2016, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

What is the mark I have to get in LPU in Inter. Shold I have to write any entrance exam to join in LPU
29th June 2016, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

LPU is good for MBA(Hospital management and Healthcare)?
30th June 2016, 01:08 PM
Sri Kavya Ketagani

There is no uniform in LPU .
But for certain departments like Hotel management and MBA programs there is uniform .
During the lab activities for sciences or medical labs you have to wear aprons.

LPU is one of the leading universities in India.
Also it is one of the best institute for Engineering.
It has the best placements and many esteemed companies come at the campus for hiring the students.
3rd July 2016, 02:37 PM
kavya bv
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to take admission in lpu jalandhar. Please tell me lpu is good for engineering or not. Is dress code/ uniform is compulsory in lpu campus or class room. Lpu is ragging free or not.
LPU is one of the leading universities in India.
There is no uniform or dress code in LPU..
However,students are asked to wear formals ..but there is no compulsion..
LPU is completely ragging free ..Both campus and hostels are ragging free and any sort of ragging activities are seriously dealt with..
It has the best placements and many esteemed companies come at the campus to hire students....
27th July 2016, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

I'm studying diploma 3rd year mechanical after that i want to join in LPU for b.tech is there lateral entry in your college
19th July 2021, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

if i have took a engineering degree from LPU is it eligible for government jobs or not
17th January 2023, 05:39 PM
itce

Thumbs up Re: LPU is good for Engineering? Is there dress code or uniform?

I am an alumni of LPU and I have seen these facilities very closely. I can tell you all the aspects of doing engineering at Lovely Professional University.

Facilities: If I talk about Infrastructure, LPU's campus is one of the largest lush green campuses of India which is spread over 600+ acres. Gym, Hi-Speed 24 Hrs free Wi-Fi service, Swimming pool. Very good central Library of 6 floors and huge collection of textbooks and reference books. The campus has its own hospital, hotel, and mall. The classes are well-designed with all the latest amenities available.

Labs:

iMac Lab: Fully equipped ultra modest Apple iMac lab provides exposure to the latest software as well as the development of advanced projects for I- Mac machines.

Industrial Automation And Robotics Lab: The lab is designed for exposure in the field of automation and robotics by working on various pneumatic systems and CNC machines. There are many more labs. I just named a few of them to you.

According to me there NO dress code for B.Tech students of LPU. But if the candidate has registered for placements then wearing a formal dress is mandatory during PEP (Professional Enhancement programme) classes.

There is no ragging inside the LPU campus.

LPU is well known for its discipline and security and hence is strictly concerned that students especially freshers do not face any kind of ragging at LPU.

Ragging is totally prohibited in the LPU university campus and anyone found guilty of ragging whether actively or passively is liable to be punished accordance with the UGC regulations on curbing the menace of ragging in higher educational institutions as well as under the provisions of any penal law for the time being in force.

LPU DOES NOT TOLERATE RAGGING, DISCRIMINATION REGARDING COLOR, CASTE AND LOOKS OF INDIVIDUALS and has a strict policy to deal against it.

Hope this helps

Thank You
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?