14th June 2023, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary that I appear for JEE/IIT to get admission in btech or are the admissions just based on 12th final marks?

Is it necessary that I appear for JEE/IIT to get admission in btech or are the admissions just based on 12th final marks?

15th June 2023, 01:12 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary that I appear for JEE/IIT to get admission in btech or are the admissions just based on 12th final marks?

No, it is mandatory to appear in JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) for pursuing B.Tech. degree course but not appearing and qualifying JEE limits your option of getting admission in top engineering colleges like IIT, NIT, other CFTIs, and even top private engineering colleges as admission in top engineering colleges is based on JEE Score only.

But, in case you have not appeared in JEE as well as any other State CETs/EEEs or admission test of other premier engineering colleges, then you have to settle with admission in private engineering colleges which offer direct admission on Class 12th marks.
15th June 2023, 01:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary that I appear for JEE/IIT to get admission in btech or are the admissions just based on 12th final marks?

No, it is mandatory to appear in JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) for pursuing B.Tech. degree course but not appearing and qualifying JEE limits your option of getting admission in top engineering colleges like IIT, NIT, other CFTIs, and even top private engineering colleges as admission in top engineering colleges is based on JEE Score only.

But, in case you have not appeared in JEE as well as any other State CETs/EEEs or admission test of other premier engineering colleges, then you have to settle with admission in private engineering colleges which offer direct admission on Class 12th marks.
15th June 2023, 04:10 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not necessary to appear in JEE Exam to get admission in B.tech . You can take admission in private colleges on the basis of 12th score . But , if you want admission in NIT and IIT college then, you have to appear in JEE exam and clear it. There are many private college which are better than many of IIT. They also conduct there own entrance you can appear in it. So , it's your own choice where you want to study.
15th June 2023, 07:16 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Admission in premier institutions in B.Tech course are offered after qualifying in the entrance examination.

So, you will have to appear and qualify in IIT JEE for the admission in B.Tech course in premier institutions such as IITs, NITs, and other premier institutions. Admission is not offered on the basis of std 12th board examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?