10th December 2018, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to study BSc(Medical Imaging Technology) for 12th PCM student?

Hello everyone, I am studying my 12th standard with PCM stream and preparing for the Board exam. However, after completing my 12th, I want to study BSc with Medical Imaging Technology. So, is it possible for me to study this BSc course.

12th December 2018, 01:11 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study BSc(Medical Imaging Technology) for 12th PCM student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone, I am studying my 12th standard with PCM stream and preparing for the Board exam. However, after completing my 12th, I want to study BSc with Medical Imaging Technology. So, is it possible for me to study this BSc course.

It is not possible to study BSc Medical Imaging Technology course for the 12th PCM student. Students who have passed 10+2 with Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English subjects with minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects are eligible to study the BSc Medical Imaging Technology course. Students who have not studied Biology as a subject in 10+2 or its equivalent examination are not eligible to study the BSc Medical Imaging Technology course. Therefore, students who have passed 10+2 with PCM subjects are not eligible to study the BSc Medical Imaging Technology course.
12th December 2018, 11:14 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study BSc(Medical Imaging Technology) for 12th PCM student?

Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging Technology is an undergraduate Medical Lab Technologist course. The basic eligibility required to enter in Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging Technology course is the candidate should have passed 12th class in science stream with English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects from a recognized board. The duration of Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging Technology course is three years. As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to get admission in Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging Technology course after completing 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
13th December 2018, 05:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to have PCB stream in class 12th to study such course. Biology is essential for studying B.Sc Medical Imaging Technology at any recognized institution.

Admission will be on the basis of entrance exam, which will be conducted by the concerned university. Just make sure you are well prepared for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?