29th July 2015, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to fill IAS prelims form using 2nd graduation degree?

Hello sir, I have completed my graduation degree in 2011. At the same time I also did my BSTC diploma in 2011. Then I complete my graduation once again in 2014. But in IAS pre exam 2014 i used my first graduation degree. My question is that if I fill up IAS pre form in 2015 then can I use my 2nd graduation degree ?

31st July 2015, 02:07 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to fill IAS prelims form using 2nd graduation degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have completed my graduation degree in 2011. At the same time I also did my BSTC diploma in 2011. Then I complete my graduation once again in 2014. But in IAS pre exam 2014 i used my first graduation degree. My question is that if I fill up IAS pre form in 2015 then can I use my 2nd graduation degree ?
Well, it is not possible for you to apply for IAS exam by using 2nd Graduation. Only those candidates who are going to appear in final semester exam are eligible. So, I suggest you to use the Graduation certificate, which you have completed without any pending backlog.

Nationality:
- Applicants must be Citizen of India.

Qualification:
- Applicants should have passed Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university/Institution.

Age Limit:
- Applicants age should be at least 21 years old to appear for exam and upper age relaxation applicable for reserved category students.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in
31st July 2015, 03:31 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it possible to fill IAS prelims form using 2nd graduation degree?

The posts of IAS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.

Also you can apply on the basis of any degree of yours.
31st July 2015, 09:47 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No dear it is not possible to apply for IAS with out graduation and one thing you need do is " First complete graduation " there by you will have a chance to apply for IAS.

But you can prepare for IAS while in your graduation itself .So try to look on the eligibility criteria from the UPSC official Notification. This would help you further.

During your final year of graduation you can get a chance to apply for IAS. Mean while you may take the " Coaching for IAS ".

Here we are providing you the Top coaching centers for " IAS " in India.

<> Career Point

<> Brilliant Tutorials

<> IAS Forum

<> Indian IAS Academy

<> Khan Study Group

<> Chronicle IAS Coaching Center.
11th December 2015, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

What is the subjects option for IAS . I am doing Eng honours. When should i start coaching now iam in first year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?