20th September 2015, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to join in Army after completion graduation with 55% marks?

Hello respected Sir/Mam,

I am Amandeep Singh. I have passed graduation last year with 55% marks.
I have done +2 in arts group. I want to join Army. Please give me full information about this.? Looking forward you to provide me the answer on this soon!

20th September 2015, 10:04 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to join in Army after completion graduation with 55% marks?

To join in Indian Army after completion of your Graduation with an aggregate of 55% marks from a recognised university, you need to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in CDS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 19-24 years of age.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per Physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.
20th September 2015, 11:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to join in Army after completion graduation with 55% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello respected Sir/Mam,

I have done +2 in arts group. I want to join Army. Please give me full information about this.? Looking forward you to provide me the answer on this soon!
You have completed graduation degree so you are eligible for Indian Army through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19 to 24 years
Air Force Academy: - 19 to 23 years
Naval Academy: - 19 to 22 years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19 to 25 years
21st September 2015, 12:05 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Yes it possible for you to join in Army after completion graduation with 55% marks.

-> You can join Indian army through UPSC CDS, CDS is Combined Defense Services Examination.

The eligibility criteria for these examination as given below.

-> Applicant has to be a physically fit.

-> Applicant must be a Citizen of India.

-> A Graduate can apply for this exam.

-> An applicant who is in Final year of Graduation from a recognized institution can also apply for this exam.
21st September 2015, 12:47 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Hello respected Sir/Mam,

Yes, of course you are eligible to join in Indian Army after completing Graduation. You can join in Indian Army through the Combined Defence Service conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The eligible applicants interested to join in the Indian Army (IMA) of CDS, must be an unmarried Indian Male candidate with a Graduation Degree from a recognized University within the age of 19 to 24 years. The applicant must have good Physical and Mental Health.

Official website - http://www.upsc.gov.in/
21st September 2015, 12:54 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello respected Sir/Mam,

Being a Graduation student you are eligible to apply for Indian Army wing. You can apply for CDS exam after completing Graduation.

Combined Defense Service (CDS) which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year. Please through the below eligibility criteria,

CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria:
  • Applicants should be citizen of India.
  • Applicants should complete the Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
  • There is no minimum Percentage of marks required for this exam.
  • Final year pursuing candidates are eligible for this exam.
  • Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.
  • Applicants should be reached 21 years and should not reached the age of 24 years.

For further Information, please visit here - http://www.ugc.ac.in/
21st September 2015, 10:01 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join the Indian Army after the graduation. I am pleased with you interest in serving for the nation.

To join the Indian Army you have to qualify in the CDS examination. CDS examination is conducted by the UPSC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for the examination:-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 19-24 years.

The examination is conducted in the two stages and the candidates have to qualify in both the stages for the final selection. The examination is conducted in the month of the February and the September.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
21st September 2015, 11:03 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to join Army after completion of graduation with 55% marks.
Candidate can apply for Indian Army through CDS exams.

Age limit :
19 to 24 years for Indian Military Academy
19 to 25 years for Officers’ Training Academy

Educational Qualification :
Candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised University.
There is no minimum percentage limit.

Examination Scheme :
Written examination consists of 100 marks of English, 100 marks of General Knowledge and 100 marks of Mathematics.
Marks for SSB Interview : 300 Marks

For more details please visit : http://upsc.gov.in/general/cds.htm
21st September 2015, 01:00 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible for you join Indian Army after completion of bachelor's degree with 55% marks. The entrance exam conducted at the national level for selection in defense services is called Combined Defense Services. UPSC conducts this exam twice every year.

Eligibility criteria:

>>For Indian Military academy and Officer's Training academy, bachelor's degree in any discipline with passing percentage of marks is required. The age limit for IMA is 19-24 years and for OTA is 19-25 years.

>>For Naval academy and Airforce academy, bachelor's degree in engineering, or science or physics or mathematics is required. The age limit for INA is 19-22 years and for AFA is 19-23 years.

>>Both unmarried male and female candidates can apply for the exam.

The online application is done at www.upsconline.nic.in. Visit www.upsc.gov.in for latest updates regarding this exam.
21st September 2015, 01:05 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Yes of course. You are absolutely eligible to apply for Indian Army after completion of graduation. To get admission in Indian Army, you need to crack the CDS examination, which is conducted by UPSC two times in a year. Let's see the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for this examination.

The candidate should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. No percentage bar are required to apply for this examination. Final year of degree course may also apply. The candidate age should be between 19 years to 24 years. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this examination.

The exam notification will be published in the month of October or November in the official website of UPSC as well as employment newspaper.
21st September 2015, 01:52 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Army, you can apply for the Combined defense Services examination. Eligibility criteria for this exam:

1. Any unmarried male or female candidate who has done bachelor's degree can apply for the exam. Final year candidates can also apply. You are eligible to apply for the exam with 55% marks in graduation.

2. The age limit for various academies under it:

~~IMA: 19-24 years

~~INA: 19-22 years.

~~OTA: 19-24 years.

~~AFA: 19-23 years

You must crack the written test and Service Selection board to join any academy of defense. If you have any more query Click here .
21st September 2015, 07:18 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join the Indian Army after the graduation. The candidates have to qualify in the CDS examination for the final selection.

The required qualification to appear for the CDS examination is candidates must have passed the graduation from any recognised university. Candidates age must be between the 19-24 years for the Indian Army and the OTA.

The examination is conducted in the two stages as the written and the SSB. The written examination is of 300 marks for the Indian army and 200 for the SSB. For more information about the examination patter visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
21st September 2015, 08:21 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Yes, you can Join in Army through the following ways.
If you want join in Indian Army through NDA, CDA and UES.
These Exams are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).
To apply this examinations the candidate must have to complete 12th or graduation from a recognized university.
You already have graduation so, you have two options.

Combined Defence Service (CDA) Examination:

Education Qualification: Completion of Graduation from a recognized university.
Age Limit: - 19 to 24 years.

University Entry Scheme (UES) Examination:

Education Qualification: Completion of Graduation from a recognized university
Age Limit: - 18 to 25 years.

And more information about these examinations please visits the website www.upsc.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?