6th December 2014, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to apply in CDS for NCC certified B.Sc 1st year student?

sir,
I am a student of B.Sc. 1st year. After my graduation I want to join the CDS. I have also NCC certificate. I want to ask that how can I apply for CDS after my graduation and what are the opportunity in CDS with NCC certificate?

Thank you!

7th December 2014, 10:14 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply in CDS for NCC certified B.Sc 1st year student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
I am a student of B.Sc. 1st year. After my graduation I want to join the CDS. I have also NCC certificate. I want to ask that how can I apply for CDS after my graduation and what are the opportunity in CDS with NCC certificate?

Thank you!
How to apply CDS exam:-

Log on to the website www.upsc.gov.in

Click on the link of “Notification: Combined Defense Services Exam (I) 2015″ in the “What’s New” window.

Open the link “CDS I 2015 Online Registration“

Click on the link “Click here”

Then fill all the mandatory details and submit it.

Make payment of application fee.

Then complete the “Part- II Registration” process and submit final application form.

Also take a printout for further reference

Yes, you are eligible for CDS exam after completion of your graduation degree.

If you have NCC "C" certificate then you will get some priority in interview round.

CDS stands for COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE

The educational qualification and age criteria for CDS exam is given below-

To enter the Indian Military Academy you need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

To enter the Air Force Academy you need to get a B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics or a bachelor's degree in engineering/technology and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

To enter the Naval Academy you need to have a B.E./B.Tech degree in engineering or technology or a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics and your age should be in between 19 to 22 years.

To enter the Officer's Training Academy you need to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 25 years.

Best books for CDS exam:-

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination
by Sanjeev Jain, Amit Rastogi, Atul Sharma, Digvijay Singh, Preeti Gupta, Prashant Kumar, Balmukud Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Combined Defence Services Examination: 10 Practice Sets
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

For more details about CDS exam and Application process, you can visit the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th December 2014, 10:34 PM
bablurocks

Hi,
You can apply for CDS exam after graduation degree. CDS exam stands for combined defence service which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

CDS exam consist three wings;-

Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force

You must have passed graduation degree from science background to join navy and air force.

To join Indian Army, you must be graduate from any stream.

Your age should be 18-23 years.

You are NCC certificate holder, therefore you can get benefits of Physical and Medical Standard.

To apply this exam, you have to visit this link www.upsc.gov.in
8th December 2014, 08:54 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,

Thank you!
Yes, of course you are eligible for CDS entrance exam after completing B.Sc. The Important notification regarding CDS exam will be published in official website of CDS. You can apply for CDS entrance exam through online via official website of UPSC. You can download the application from the official website of UPSC.

Since, you have already certified in NCC so you will get first preference at the time of SSB Interview. First preference will be given to you when compare to other candidates.

CDS (i.e) Combined Defence Service and this entrance exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for every twice in a year. The conducts exam for Indian Army, Navy, Air Force and Officer Training Academy.

Educational Qualification and Age limit Required for CDS Exam:

For IMA and Officer’s Academy:
Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year degree course students can also apply. Candidates age should not below than 19 years and not be more than 25 years

For Indian Naval Academy:
Graduate in Engineering/ Science steam from a recognized university. Final year degree course students can also apply. Candidates age should not below than 19 years and not be more than 22 years

For Air Force Academy:
Graduate in Engineering/ Science steam from a recognized university. Final year degree course students can also apply. Candidates age should not below than 19 years and not be more than 23 years

Selection Procedure:
Applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the written examination followed by Interview/Personality Test.

Official Website - http://www.upsc.gov.in/
8th December 2014, 06:19 PM
soumyasecret

Indian Military Academy has reserved 32 seats for NCC 'C' Certificate. Students having this certificate will be directly facing SSB interview without going through the written test.

NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders must satisfy certain criteria to be eligible for Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme. They are:
-Candidate’s age should be between 19 to 25 years.
-Candidate must be a citizen of India, Bhutan, Nepal or else candidate have to produce a certificate of eligibility that has been issued by the Government of India
-Candidate must not have been withdrawn from any Service Training Academy on disciplinary ground.
-Candidate must have a B grade or above in ‘C’ Certificate exam.
-Candidate's graduation percentage must be 50% or above.

So you must complete your B.Sc. course before applying for the CDS.
17th June 2015, 08:03 AM
Unregistered

if I had not cleared CDS exam then can I give the SSB of CDS through NCC c certificate
3rd May 2017, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a cadet of ncc after 1 month I will give exam of c certificate so I want to know about CDS , OTA and IMA dates when I can apply for this.

Kindly request to you please reply me.

Thank you sir
22nd August 2017, 07:19 AM
Unregistered

Hi, my name is Pamin Yadav and I have Ncc c certificate with A grade and I also attend Republic Day camp. is there any procedure where I don't go through Cds exam and I attend direct ssb Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?