27th April 2015, 04:17 AM
Unregistered

Procedure and eligibility to apply in IAS for B.A. Pass candidate?

Hello Sir,
I am doing B.A. Pass and I want to join IAS.
So, kindly let me know I am eligible for
apply in IAS or not? What is the procedure
for applying?

29th April 2015, 06:19 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure and eligibility to apply in IAS for B.A. Pass candidate?

Yes, you are eligible to join in Indian Administrative Service after completion of your B.A course. To join in Indian Administrative Service, you need to appear in IAS examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS examination is mentioned below :-

Eligibility Criteria :-
1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules as mentioned below :-
--> OBC :- 3 Years
--> SC/ST :- 5 Years

4. You must be Physically fit as per Physical standards mentioned in UPSC IAS examination notification.

How to Apply :-
Candidates who are interested to appear in lAS examination can apply through online by visiting UPSC official website http://www.upsconline.nic.in/

Selection Procedure :-
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Mains Examination
3. Personal Interview
29th April 2015, 08:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I am doing B.A. Pass and I want to join IAS.
So, kindly let me know I am eligible for
apply in IAS or not? What is the procedure
for applying?
Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
29th April 2015, 08:48 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Yes of course, you are eligible to apply for IAS Examination after completing B.A course. Minimum Educational Qualification to apply for this examination is that the candidate should have completed a degree course from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. There is no percentage bar. Final year of degree course may also apply. The candidate age should be between 21 years to 32 years. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories.

IAS Exam notification will be published in the month of June / July in the official website of UPSC as well as employment newspaper. The application forms are required to apply online only. There is no offline mode of application forms.
30th April 2015, 09:06 PM
s m samy
Member+

After finishing B.A you can write the IAS exam and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission and this examination is conducted by every year.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS:

Educational Qualification:The applicant should be complete the bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university and there is no minimum percentage of mark for IAS exam and the final year students also eligible for this examination.

Age limits:The Applicant age limit should be not more than 30 years and not less than 21 years.

Nationality:The Applicant should be citizen of india .

Further details please visit Here:-http://upsc.gov.in
1st May 2015, 12:49 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and the examination is conducted by the UPSC every year as a CSAT . There is no special examination for I.A.S .

Yes you are eligible for the examination . The eligibility criteria for the examination are :-
Candidates who have passed the graduation from any recognized university in any discipline are eligible.
Age of candidates must be between 21-30 years for general category candidates and relaxation for other .

The examination is conducted in three stages and it is mandatory for the candidate to qualify in each of them :-
Preliminary.
Mains .
Interview.

There is no bound on selecting the optional paper other than the discipline of graduation .

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in .
7th May 2015, 10:27 PM
amanshrivastava98

The posts of IAS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

If you fulfill the above criteria then you can appear in the CSE.
13th October 2021, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

I got only 53 percent in my graduation so I'm eligible for UPSC exam please respond
5th February 2022, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Am a college student but not to graduation any subject, am under graduate in a pass course can i apply for ias
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?