6th December 2017, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to get admission in engineering after not studying mathematics?

I have passed HSC on Mar 2017 with physics, chemistry and biology. But now I want HSC with mathematics to take admission in engineering. What should I do?

Related Questions:
  1. Top colleges which offer M.Sc(Mathematics) in India? Detailed procedure to get admission?
  2. Procedure to study Ph.D in University of Oxford for M.Sc(Mathematics) student?
  3. Procedure to get admission in Engineering course at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA? Possibility get direct admission if become JEE Main topper?
  4. Procedure to study Ph.D in University of Oxford for M.Sc(Mathematics) course?
  5. Detailed information and procedure to get admission in Delhi University for PhD in Mathematics?
  6. Eligibility for MA in mathematics after computer engineering?
  7. Admission procedure to study MSc(Applied Mathematics) in Gautam Buddha University?
  8. Admission procedure to study Diploma in Civil Engineering in PSPC?
  9. Admission procedure to study BSc(Mathematics) in Balrampur College?
  10. Procedure for taking admission in B.Sc Mathematics after completion of graduation with 85.7 percentage marks?
  11. How to do MSc in Maths after doing B.E? What is the eligibility?
  12. Procedure to get scholarship for studying M.Phil in Mathematics?
  13. Procedure to get admission in German Universities for MS in Aerospace Engineering? Procedure to get Visa and rues to pay amount? Minimum percentage requirement?
  14. Admission procedure to study PhD(Mechanical Engineering) in NERIST, Itanagar? -- [New]
  15. Can I apply for admission in Canada after diploma in automobile engineering?
  16. Procedure to join B.Sc (mathematics) by discontinuing BE?
  17. Admission procedure to study BE(Aerospace Engineering) in Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh?
  18. Admission procedure to study PhD(Automobile Engineering) in PES College of Engineering?
6th December 2017, 09:15 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in engineering after not studying mathematics?

As per the minimum eligibility criteria, candidate must have studied Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in order to study engineering as degree courses. As you have studied Biology hence you are not eligible to pursue engineering course.
6th December 2017, 10:17 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in engineering after not studying mathematics?

In the major streams of engineering you will require physics, chemistry and mathematics as your main subjects. However, there are some engineering courses related to biology where you can pursue engineering without having mathematics. Some of the courses are: B.Tech Biotechnology/Bioinformatics/Food technology/Dairy Technology/Agriculture/Genetic engineering.

So, you can still pursue these courses without studying mathematics.
7th December 2017, 11:35 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed HSC on Mar 2017 with physics, chemistry and biology. But now I want HSC with mathematics to take admission in engineering. What should I do?

Sorry, it is not possible to get admission in engineering colleges after completion of 10+2 without mathematics subjects. Students who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinations with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible to join the engineering degree like BE or BTech. They have to appear for an entrance test for the admission to the engineering course. Candidates with PCB subjects can join the courses like BTech Biotechnology or BTech Agriculture. For all the other engineering disciplines, mathematics subject is necessary.
7th December 2017, 12:47 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in Engineering course without studying Mathematics subject in 12th standard. To be eligible to get admission for pursuing Engineering course, you should have passed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a Government recognised board. If you want to take admission in Engineering course then, you have to repeat your 12th standard with PCM stream from a Government recognised board and you have to appear in engineering entrance examinations like JEE, EAMCET, etc., qualify the entrance examination and participate in the counselling process to get admission for pursuing Engineering course.
7th December 2017, 03:09 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Let me inform you that it is impossible to take admission in Engineering course without having mathematics in 12th standard. In order to be eligible for engineering, a candidate must have completed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and have secured minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board.
7th December 2017, 03:24 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that admission in engineering refers to admission B.tech ( Bachelor of Technology )/B.E. ( Bachelor of Engineering ) degree course.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing B.Tech/B.E. degree course is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

So having completed your Class 12th without Mathematics you are not eligible for pursuing engineering degree course.
7th December 2017, 04:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can't get admission in engineering based on PCB stream. You have to study maths along with physics and chemistry or do a diploma in engineering course based on class 10th.

You can add mathematics in your class 12th through open schooling like NIOS, if you are interested in studying engineering.
7th December 2017, 09:07 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't get admission for pursuing Engineering course after completion of your HSC with PCB stream and without Mathematics subject. To be eligible to get admission for pursuing Engineering course, you should have passed HSC with stream from a recognised board. Admissions in Engineering course are done through National/ State/ University level engineering entrance examinations. Since, you have not pursued Mathematics subject in HSC, you have to repeat your HSC with Mathematics subject to be eligible to apply for admission to Engineering course.
7th December 2017, 10:24 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am very sorry to say that you cannot opt for Engineering course after the completion of class 12th examination without studying Mathematics as a subject.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th in Science stream studying Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as a subject combination from a recognized Board scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the B.Tech or B.E degree course in the relevant field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?