23rd October 2018, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to get direct BTech admission in IIT for Diploma Civil student?

Respected Sir/Madam, I want to study BTech in IIT. I am studying Diploma in Civil Engineering in 3rd year. I would like to know I get direct admission or not? How can I get admission directly? Please help me to know about this asap.

29th October 2018, 10:38 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get direct BTech admission in IIT for Diploma Civil student?

B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology course. It is an under graduation course and the duration of this course is four years for the 12th class candidate and three years for Diploma holder candidate.

As per my knowledge, in IIT/NIT college the admission of the candidate will be done on the basis of Joint entrance examination main and JEE Advanced. Diploma holder candidate is not eligible for the admission of B.Tech course in NIT/IIT college.

If you want to get admission in IIT college then you have to appear in JEE main examination. The basic eligibility criteria for joint entrance examination is the candidate should have passed 12th class in science stream from a recognized board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?