20th March 2018, 10:07 AM

Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to get admission in IIT?

I'm studying in second year in the Chemical Engineering Diploma course. Can I take admission to B.Tech in Chemical Engineering in IIT? What is the process for taking admission to IIT?

31st March 2018, 11:16 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to get admission in IIT?

You are eligible to appear for JEE after completion of diploma course. Diploma passed candidates are eligible to get admission in IIT after qualifying in Main and Advanced stage of JEE.

Candidates are not eligible for lateral entry. JEE is conducted by CBSE and IIT.

Diploma holders are not eligible to get admission in NITs on the basis of Main examination score.
31st March 2018, 02:08 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to get admission in IIT?

IIT is Indian Institute of Technology and it is the premier institute of India for technical course.

The admission in the undergraduate course ( B.Tech ) is conducted after qualifying in JEE.

It is conducted by CBSE and IIT. Candidates passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or diploma passed candidates are eligible to appear for JEE.

So, once you complete your diploma you are eligible to appear for JEE but have to qualify in both stages Main and Advanced for final admission in the course.
31st March 2018, 05:45 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission for B.Tech chemical engineering in IIT after completing diploma. To get admission in IIT you need to attend & qualify the JEE exam in merit. The full details about eligibility are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should have completed 10+2 or its equivalent education from any recognised board.
- The age should be less than 25 years.
- There is 5 years age relaxation for the reservation candidates.

Since diploma is equivalent to 12th class, you’ll be eligible to apply for JEE entrance exam. You cannot get admission in NITs & CFTIs but you can get admission in IIT. So, you need to score top in JEE advanced so that you can get admission in IIT.

For more information about notifications, application forms visit official website of JEE.
31st March 2018, 06:53 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Lots of students do not know that diploma candidates are eligible for admission in Indian Institute of Technology.

Let me tell you that Diploma candidates are eligible for admission in IITs. You can apply for Joint Entrance Examination for admission.

What you need to do is to crack both JEE Main and Advanced stage and secure a good rank in this exam.
31st March 2018, 07:27 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for Joint Entrance Examination for admission in Indian Institute of Technology after completion of Diploma in Chemical Engineering.

*JEE is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education. It has two stages JEE Main and JEE Advanced.

Diploma candidates are eligible for admission in IITs only but not in NITs.
31st March 2018, 08:05 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, diploma candidates are eligible for admission in Indian Institute of Technology. You apply for next year Joint Entrance Examination for which notification will be released in December, 2018.

Central Board of Secondary Education conducts Joint Entrance Examination for admission of candidates in top engineering colleges in India like IITs, NITs etc. You should crack JEE Main and Advanced for admission in IITs.
4th April 2018, 02:44 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study b-tech (electrical engineering ) in iit being a diploma student? Procedure to get admission?
17th July 2019, 11:20 PM
anmolkumar786

Smile Re: Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to get admission in IIT?

The only way to get admission in IIT is JEE advanced. if have completed your 12th and doing diploma then you can write JEE main along with your diploma and if you are doing diploma after 10th then you need to complete diploma then only you can apply for JEE main.
and there is no option of lateral entry
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?