12th August 2018, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Scope of studying BE(Biomedical Engineering) over BE(Biotechnology) course?

Hi, I am a student of 12th standard, studying with Science stream. I want to do BE(Biomedical Engineering) instead of BE(Biotechnology). But my friends are telling me to do BE(Biotechnology) in future. I just want to know about the scope of BE(Biomedical Engineering) course over BE(Biotechnology) course. Please tell me immediately.

28th August 2018, 03:33 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope of studying BE(Biomedical Engineering) over BE(Biotechnology) course?

The scope of BE in Biotechnology is more than the BE in Biomedical Engineering.

BE (Bachelor of Engineering) in Biomedical Engineering & BE (Biotechnology) are graduation level degrees . The duration of the course is 4 years.

The basic eligibility required for studying this courses is a 10+2 in PCM related subjects with minimum 50% from any recognised board.

Every course has its own importance, scope and job opportunities. When comparing both the degrees the job opportunities are high for Biotechnology course than Biomedical engineering course.
The salary given for the Biotechnology candidates is higher than Biomedical science.

Some of the jobs for Biotechnology candidates are listed below:

- Laboratory assistant
- Professor/ associate Professor
- Executive
- Lecturer
- Biotechnology expert
- Instructor
- Sales manager
- Marketing executive trainee
- Business development executive and etc.,

Some of the job opportunities for Biomedical engineering candidates are as follows:

- Biomedical engineer
- Lecturer
- Business manager
- Assistant Professor
- Biomedical technician and etc.,

Based on your interest you can any one of the stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?