13th June 2019, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

Scope of studying BSc(Medical Laboratory Technology) course?

Hi friends, I am interested to study BSc(Medical Laboratory Technology). But I don’t know anything about its scope. Can anyone of you tell me about the scope of this BSc(Medical Laboratory Technology) course? Please tell me as soon as possible.

14th June 2019, 08:37 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope of studying BSc(Medical Laboratory Technology) course?

BSc in Medical Laboratory Technology is a course where you are able to conduct research, finish tasks with accuracy and can handle the stress with interpreting technical skills.

This course empowers you to go for hospitals, health care centers, commercial laboratories. Some of the employment areas are given below.

Biotechnology Research Laboratory ( Tissue Culture)
Colleges & Universities
Hospitals
Military Services
Blood Donor Centres

Some of the job types are given below.

Laboratory Manager
Lab Assistant
Associate Professor/Lecturer
Laboratory Testing Manager
Medical Officer
Medical Record Technician
Research Associate
15th June 2019, 02:08 AM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope of studying BSc(Medical Laboratory Technology) course?

B.Sc in Medical Laboratory Technology is a 3 year undergraduate course.

After completion of the course, as a medical technician you can join various hospitals, nursing homes, health care clinics, medical pathology laboratories, research laboratories, urologists’ offices etc.

The job designations available for the B.Sc in Medical Laboratory Technology are Laboratory Manager, Laboratory Technician,Medical Officer, Research Associate, Medical Record Technician, Resident Medical Officer, Laboratory Testing Manager, Lab Assistant, etc.

The starting salary package varies from Rs.98,000 per year to Rs.3,20,000 per year. the salary package increases as per your designation and work profile.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?