2nd January 2017, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Should I do B.Com, if got 51% marks in ICS or improve my marks?

Sir, I got 51% marks in ICS, but I want to improve marks now. My family say do B.Com, but I am interested in computer programming. My family can’t afford private university. What is your advice?

4th January 2017, 11:34 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I do B.Com, if got 51% marks in ICS or improve my marks?

B.com stands for Bachelors in commerce which is also good stream to study, you have a bright future in this, you can go for MBA after B.com which is a post graduate course there you can choose IT specialization as you are interested in Computer .

Other courses which you can do after B.com

CA (Chattered Accountancy)
CS (Company Secretary)
CWA (Cost Accountant)
MFC
LLB
MBA
MCA
4th January 2017, 11:38 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

B.com stands for Bachelors in commerce which is also good stream to study, you have a bright future in this, you can go for MBA after B.com which is a post graduate course there you can choose IT specialization as you are interested in Computer .

Other courses which you can do after B.com

CA (Chattered Accountancy)
CS (Company Secretary)
CWA (Cost Accountant)
MFC
LLB
MBA.
4th January 2017, 01:15 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I got 51% marks in ICS, but I want to improve marks now. My family say do B.Com, but I am interested in computer programming. My family can’t afford private university. What is your advice?

Yes, you can do B.Com if you got a seat in any college with 51% marks in Class XII. If you are unable to get a seat in any college for B.Com admission then you can apply for improvement examinations. It is very difficult to get a B.Com seat in a good college with 51% marks in class 12th. The marks scored in the commerce, accounts and mathematics will be considered mainly for the admission to B.Com first year. So when you appear for improvement examinations, concentrate on the core subjects, given above.
4th January 2017, 09:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You should take your decision on the basis of your interest and also look at the futures prospect of the given course. If you think you are good at computers, then go for it but make sure you get admission in a good college.

Also, note that you need at least a MCA degree to become eligible for top MNC IT companies. Therefore, take your decision by looking every point.
4th January 2017, 11:23 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since you have got 51% of marks in class 12th examination, you should opt B.Com course as you are eligible for it and it has a good scope for you in future.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th from a recognised Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for B.Com course.
5th January 2017, 12:55 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Those who are interested to pursue B.Com course, must complete Intermediate course in any stream with 50% of marks from a recognized university. The admission to the candidates based on the marks scored in the obtained in the 12th board examination. Being an ICS student you are eligible for B.Com.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?