4th June 2014, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

Is there any way to work in NASA with Bachelors degree in Electrical engineering?

I am pursuing my bachelor degree in electrical engineering.i want to know that is there any way to work with nasa?is ther any exam conducted by nasa for other country's students?and with this stream is it possible to be an austronaut in nasa

7th June 2014, 09:28 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any way to work in NASA with Bachelors degree in Electrical engineering?

Yes, you can work in NASA with Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering. It is really nice to see your high aspirations. If you have the will power and be dedicated along with hard working you can definitely achieve your aim. However, there is no direct way or exam through which you can get to work in NASA.

First of all, you need to get into ISRO after completion of your Bachelor degree in Engineering. Every year ISRO conducts entrance exam to recruit executive trainees and research scholars. You need to crack it and get into ISRO. After that you need to have a good service record and then you can go to NASA for further research and work.
11th June 2014, 11:07 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Is there any way to work in NASA with Bachelors degree in Electrical engineering?

There are jobs which are available in NASA for fresh Engineering Graduate but the problem is that it is difficult for fresh Bachelor degree holders in India to get the job because the first preference is given for there local candidates i.e USA candidates.

Even right now there is a opening for new fresh candidate and the first eligibility criteria is he/she should be US citizen. So, aspiring job in NASA just after completing your Engineering degree is highly to impossible for now but still if you turned out to invent something new and which is critical for there work then they will be ready to take you always

If it's not possible to join as fresher then how to join in NASA at all? There are two options here now,

-> Doing Masters degree in US which will be related to your core or Aerospace in some good colleges which provides you opportunity to do internship or course study in NASA. This will enable you to get an upper hand for getting a job and if you can show them your skills and innovation then for sure you can get the job there.

-> Gaining Experience in the fields - If it's not to be a fresher job then you can always try to get the job which needs experienced candidates for the vacancies and for that you need to make sure you join in companies which deals with core Electrical so that it will be more related to NASA when you try for them in future.

-> The best thing which you can do is to apply for the ISRO Scientist/Engineers exam and try to clear that to get the job in ISRO so that it will give you a good exposure and experience to be gained.

You won't be able to apply for this year as the application process and other things are already over. You can try applying for the same next year. To get the latest information on the exam visit - http://www.isro.org/scripts/job.aspx

I have attached few preparation materials for ISRO exam in this post for your reference. Just go through it if you have the plan for preparing for the exam.

If you feel that it's too late to wait then better start applying for private sector companies which deals with your core subjects and you can enroll yourself in the job till the time you have to write the ISRO exam and you can jump if it's needed at that time..
Attached Files
File Type: zip ISRO.zip(1.43 MB, 26 views)
File Type: docx Isro exam syllabus (tentative).docx(20.7 KB, 50 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?