5th October 2016, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Topics available to study in B.Sc(Sericulture) course? Eligibility to get admission for PCB student?

I am a 12th PCB student and I am interested to study Sericulture. I have keen interest in Biology and doing well in this subject. So, I want to study B.Sc in Sericulture. Can you let me know what is the eligibility criteria to get admission for this course? Can you let me know about the topics available in this course?

6th October 2016, 12:15 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Topics available to study in B.Sc(Sericulture) course? Eligibility to get admission for PCB student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a 12th PCB student and I am interested to study Sericulture. I have keen interest in Biology and doing well in this subject. So, I want to study B.Sc in Sericulture. Can you let me know what is the eligibility criteria to get admission for this course? Can you let me know about the topics available in this course?

Sericulture is concerned with the art of rearing of silkworms for the production of silk. There are many topics in the sericulture studies like Silkworm Breeding and Genetics, Silk Reeling and Spinning, Silk Grading and Testing, Seed Technology, Costing and Management, Silk Weaving Technology, Silk Dyeing and Printing Technology etc.
The students who have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible to apply for B.Sc Sericulture course. The course is available in various institutions in India. The course duration will be three years.
6th October 2016, 04:46 PM
A033bhishek

Default Re: Topics available to study in B.Sc(Sericulture) course? Eligibility to get admission for PCB student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sericulture is part of the agriculture subject which will teach you to produce silk in huge amount with less investment and in a scientific way.
To pursue this course you must have studied PCB in intermediate level.
Below some topics are given which you will be taught while pursuing sericulture.
Silk reening and spinning
Silk grading and testing
Silk weaving technology
Silk worm breeding and genetics
Seed technology
Costing and management
6th October 2016, 09:20 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Below I have mentioned the list of subjects to study to do B.Sc in Sericulture, have a look over it.

List of subjects:-

Silk Worm Breeding and Genetics
Seed Technology
Silk Grading and Testing
Silk Weaving Technology
Costing and Management
Silk Worm Rearing and Grain-age
Production Planning and Exterision
Silk Reeling and Spinning etc.

Candidates those who have completed their class 12th or equivalent studying Physics, Chemistry and Biological Science as their subjects from a recognised Board are eligible to opt for B.Sc in Sericulture.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?