19th July 2015, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between CGPA and GPA? How to calculate both?

What is the difference between CGPA and GPA? How to calculate both?

20th July 2015, 10:11 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between CGPA and GPA? How to calculate both?

Both CGPA and GPA are grading system and reflects student's performance.

Here is some basic differences in between two :

** GPA and CGPA are grade systems used in different colleges and universities to evalute the performance of a student.

** Both GPA and CGPA are reflective of a student’s performance in a semester or the entire course that he/she has studied, but some colleges give more importance to GPA than CGPA while granting admissions to students.

** GPA is calculated for a single term or a year, whereas CGPA is calculated for the entire duration of a course.

** Many colleges have a cut off GPA for admission into different courses. This means that a student must consistently obtain high GPA.

** CGPA is for a whole course which means that a high CGPA requires good GPA in all years.

GPA :

** There are in general five grades namely A, B, C, D, and F where A is the highest and F is the grade that stands for fail

** To calculate the GPA of a student, his total grade points are divided by attempted credit hours. To get to grade points, his grades are multiplied by credit hours of the course.

CGPA :

** For CGPA, grade points obtained by a student in all semesters are added and divided by the sum of his total credit hours. If there are two semesters in a year, a student gets CGPA for a year.
20th July 2015, 04:03 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

CGPA stands for Cumulative Grade Point Average. It is the cumulative aggregate of your GPA of all semester. To calculate CGPA, just multiply credit hours for each subject by the grade point and then divide by total number of credit hours registered in all semester.

GPA stands for Grade Point Average. To calculate GPA just divide total points by the total credits taken.
29th May 2019, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

My marks is in CCPA and for my Pg admission it has been asked for CGPA. How should I convert it.
29th July 2019, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

I have an agregate of 68.89% in engineering and I want calculate the same in GPA...
Please help on the same
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?