12th December 2010, 09:43 PM
sdsouza

Which semesters are taken into consideration to calculate GPA?

I have done my M.Tech in Biotechnology which has a duration of 2years (4 semesters). The college acknowledges the final marks of third and fourth semester as final degree marks. If a GPA is calculated please let me know which semesters will be taken into account for the GPA.

13th December 2010, 10:33 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which semesters are taken into consideration to calculate GPA?

Dear friend,
Actually GPA is a average marks of all semester,this is not a single semester...
15th December 2010, 06:27 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

the sgpa of all the semester taken together makes the gpa
17th December 2010, 07:33 PM
Sk.Subhani

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsouza View Post
I have done my M.Tech in Biotechnology which has a duration of 2years (4 semesters). The college acknowledges the final marks of third and fourth semester as final degree marks. If a GPA is calculated please let me know which semesters will be taken into account for the GPA.
Dear friend GPA(Grade Point average) is an average of your percentage of all semesters. Its generally used by the university officials in deciding admission for the students.

In India it is generally rated on a scale of 10. Whereas, in foreign countries like USA and UK it is rated on a scale of 4.0

WES is an organization known to convert your GPA percentage into GPA and it charges 175$ in doing it.
17th April 2011, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

i have completed B.E. INSTRUMENTATION. Please tell me which semester marks are taken into consideration for calculating the final percentage
19th April 2011, 02:46 PM
sharivikram

To calculate GPA, that particular semester is more than enough.
19th August 2011, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

i dont know how to find GPA will somebody plz help me to do this ?
29th September 2011, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

is first year taken into consideration??
29th September 2011, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my m.sc. Microbiology 2year course, i scored 73.6% marks, what is my cgpa score, and wht is the difference between cgpa and actually scored marks, and hw we find out actual marks obtained from the cgpa?
Plz ans,
Pooja,
27th October 2011, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

at my first sem my sgpa was 4.75,and at 2nd sem it is 3.89,so am i allowed to regester for 3rd sem
30th October 2011, 01:59 AM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Hi, i'm from California and the UCs only use sophomore and junior year's GPAs to calculate our high school GPA, which is considered in our college app. Freshmen year and senior year are completely ignored. Does UMass do the same thing? Do senior year's 1st semester GPA count towards the GPA that UMass sees when we send in our transcript? Also, do freshmen year grades count as well? Thanks for your replies.
30th October 2011, 03:27 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Hi, i'm from California and the UCs only use sophomore and junior year's GPAs to calculate our high school GPA, which is considered in our college app. Freshmen year and senior year are completely ignored. Does UMass do the same thing? Do senior year's 1st semester GPA count towards the GPA that UMass sees when we send in our transcript? Also, do freshmen year grades count as well? Thanks for your replies.
31st October 2011, 07:39 PM
blizard

Dear friend,
I do not know what you re studying right now.
But all semester marls will be involved to calculate the GPA.

So,
Try to score good marks in each of your semester..

All the best...
1st November 2011, 04:53 PM
sathish0038

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsouza View Post
Dear friend GPA(Grade Point average) is an average of your percentage of all semesters. Its generally used by the university officials in deciding admission for the students.

In India it is generally rated on a scale of 10. Whereas, in foreign countries like USA and UK it is rated on a scale of 4.0

WES is an organization known to convert your GPA percentage into GPA and it charges 175$ in doing it.
28th November 2011, 03:57 AM

Question Re: 4 semesters calculate GPA?

[QUOTE=sdsouza;269974]I have done my Accounting and Management major which has a duration of 2years (4 semesters). The college acknowledges the final marks of third and fourth semester as final degree marks. If a GPA is calculated please let me know which semesters will be taken into account for the GPA.As will for the physical thropy institute I took four semesters and I do not the the average and final Gpa.
please help me find my degree,
thanks
26th February 2012, 10:36 AM
drurv

GPA(Grade Point average) is an average of your percentage of all semesters. Its generally used by the university officials in deciding admission for the students.

28th February 2012, 08:12 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

hi dear,
You can do lots of things after 12th. You can get yourself admitted to top institutes like IIT,AIEEE,BITS,VIT

But since you asked about VIT i will tell you how to get. You will first have to fill up the form from www.vit.ac.in

and then appear for the test. Its easy to clear the test and not a tough task. You just have to solve lots of NCERT level problems
7th December 2014, 07:08 AM
Unregistered

What is the rank rules of anna university chennai?whether the first year arrear history will consider during rank publication?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?