5th August 2014, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

What to do after a Bachelor's degree in Animation and Multimedia?

I have applied for a Bachelor's degree in Animation and Multimedia at a well-known college. I am good at computer graphics and am quite affluent in using Photoshop and Flash. I have an idea about 3Ds Max and even MAYA. I am a science student. I want to join a studio like Disney, Dreamworks or Warner Bros. in the future. I am very good at drawing and have won many national and state competitions and awards.
Now, what I wanna know is how to achieve my goal after completing my Bachelor's degree? How to increase my skills? Any kind of help is entertained, please! I don't want to go for game design or development. I really want to work in an animation studio.
Thanks in advance!

19th August 2014, 08:41 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What to do after a Bachelor's degree in Animation and Multimedia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have applied for a Bachelor's degree in Animation and Multimedia at a well-known college. I am good at computer graphics and am quite affluent in using Photoshop and Flash. I have an idea about 3Ds Max and even MAYA. I am a science student. I want to join a studio like Disney, Dreamworks or Warner Bros. in the future. I am very good at drawing and have won many national and state competitions and awards.
Now, what I wanna know is how to achieve my goal after completing my Bachelor's degree? How to increase my skills? Any kind of help is entertained, please! I don't want to go for game design or development. I really want to work in an animation studio.
Thanks in advance!
It is a Bachelor course that is related to Digital media, Multimedia studies and Information Technology which are mainly focused on the Animation.

If candidates have completed at least their high school or Diploma in the relevant branch then they are eligible for Bachelor course in Animation & Multimedia. Along with high school diploma candidate must possess relevant skills like design and art principle.

Course generally covers the following topics:

• Animation
• Web design
• Digital video editing
• 2-D and 3-D design
• Motion graphics
• Graphic design

With focused study and depth understanding in animation one can find variety of opportunities in the field of Digital Video Editing, Web Designing, Game Development, 3D-Animation etc.

Nowadays technology is improving every day and it is the time of 'Information Technology' so, you can easily get good job opportunities.

If you want to polish your animation skills and want to specialize then there are Master courses also available. You can take any subject in which you want to specialize and you can build up your skills strong in that particular section.

As you have mentioned that you are not interested in the game development then you can go for masters in video editing or web designing or graphic designing.

Regards
~DKG~
20th August 2014, 11:39 AM
poojamit
Member+

Default Re: What to do after a Bachelor's degree in Animation and Multimedia?

I think as per your interest you should go for masters in web designing or graphic designing. Through such courses you can get better job opportunities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?