10th June 2015, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

What should i do after 12th for joining banking sector?

10th June 2015, 11:40 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should i do after 12th for joining banking sector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Banking is one of the fastest growing sectors Worldwide. Being a 12th standard student, first you must select the Graduation course, which is related to Banking. You can select the specializations like, Economics, Commerce, Finance, Management, Accounts etc. However, I recommend B.Com which is closely related to Banking sector. Once, after completing Graduation you can enter into Banking by qualifying in Bank Clerk or PO entrance exam.

IBPS PO Exam Eligibility Criteria:

- Applicants having Bachelor degrees of minimum three years of duration of any of the recognized University are eligible to apply.

- Applicants age should not be crossed than 30 years and not below than 20 years.

- Applicants must have good Computer Knowledge.

Please, refer Official website - www.ibps.in
10th June 2015, 11:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
After completion of 12th standard, you should do graduation degree because without having graduation degree you can not join in Banking sector.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk exam. Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam. Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
11th June 2015, 12:14 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yeah you can join in a job in Bank by writing the respected exam regarding the qualification of yours. Having completed +2 you can apply for the post of Bank Clerk and the eligibility needed are:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Educational Qualification

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India

# Age limit needed is 18-28 years for general category candidates.

# There are relaxation for other category candidates such as for SC/ST it is 5 years extra and for OBC it is 3 years extra.

# Regarding the educational qualification candidate need to have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education.

If you satisfy all these criteria then you can apply for the Bank Clerk exam. Candidates are selected through:

Written Test
Interview

The written test consists of both objective and descriptive type questions.The objective type questions would be of 300 marks consisting of 200 questions and the duration for the exam is 1 1/2 hours and the topics will be on
  • Test on Reasoning
  • Numerical Aptitude

The candidates must get 40% aggregate in objective type questions and for 35% for reserved candidates.The descriptive exam will consist of questions from topics current affairs and communication skills.
11th June 2015, 10:55 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Getting the jobs in the banking sector is more in demand in the present era brcause of the good salary, safe and all other facilites available in the different jobs and due to this large number of candidate appear every year for the entrance examination.

There are large number of vacancy in the Banking every year for the Clerk, PO and Manager. But the selection of candidate is on the basis of entrance test.

The examination is conducted by the IBPS and SBI for this. The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidate must have attained the age of 19-28 years for the Clerk and 21-32 for the PO.

NOTE :-

There is relaxation for the OBC and SC/ST candidate in the upper age limit of 3 years and five years respectively and also for the ex- service man. There is also no bar on the stream of graduation and its aggregate.

The examination is conducted in three stages as
* Preliminary.
* Mains.
* Interview.

So you can start your preparation as question in the examination are from the English, General knowledge, Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics. So you practice on these topics.
11th June 2015, 11:11 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

After successful completion of 12th you don't have an option to apply for Banking sector. To become a Bank employee you must complete at least graduation from the recognized University.

If you complete 12th in science stream then you will have a chance to easily crack the Bank Exams. Since there will be a Maths sections having 50% of weight age.

Courses in graduation after 12th :

>> B.COM

>> B.E/B.TECH

>> B.Sc

>> B.A

>> B.Pharmacy etc.,

Or the candidates from BiPc also apply for Bank Exams. In India actually various options available to settle your career in Banking sector.

<> SBI Recruitments

<> IBPS

<> IBPS RRB ( Regional Recruitment Board ) .
11th June 2015, 01:06 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

To join Banking sector, you are required to meet the required eligibility criteria and need to score more than cutoff marks to get selected finally. Yes, you are required to first meet the required eligibility criteria in order to apply for Bank Recruitments. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for Bank Recruitments is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university. If you have passed 12th Class, then I would suggest you to any of the following bachelor degree B.E/ B.Tech/ BCA/ BBA/ BBM/ B.A/ B.Sc/ B.Com or any other bachelor Degree in order to be eligible.

Educational qualification required to be eligible for Bank Recruitments:

>> Minimum Bachelor Degree (Graduation) pass in any DISCIPLINE from a recognized university.

>> Candidates who are pursuing their Final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply.

Age Criteria required to be eligible for Bank Recruitments:

* The Minimum Age Required is - 20 years
* The Maximum Age Required is - 28 years
For SC/ ST - 5 years Age Relaxation
For OBC - 3 years Age Relaxation
For General - No Age Relaxation
11th June 2015, 01:47 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your +2 level it is pretty much advisable for you to go for higher studies and opt for jobs after completion of any UG or PG course. However, if you wish to get yourself enrolled in banking sector than you don;t have much opportunities, you are only eligible for bank Clerical Exam generally conducted by SBI and IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection)

Eligibility for SBI Clerical Exam:

> The candidate must be an Indian National

> Should have completed 12th with 50% marks in any stream from a recognised Board OR Have completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University.

> Should be within the age of 18 to 28 years.

> Should be a computer literate.

Eligibility for IBPS Clerical Exam:

> The candidate must be an Indian Citizen

> Should have completed 10th with 60% marks OR have completed 12th with 50% marks OR have completed graduation in any stream from a recognised University.

> Should be within the age of 18 to 28 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate

> Should be a computer literate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?