13th December 2016, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after completing class 12th (Arts stream) to become an IAS Officer?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th and after completing it I want to know what should I do after completing class 12th (Arts stream) to become an IAS Officer? Do I have to prepare for any exam? If yes then please tell me about the exam and how should I prepare for it?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I become an IPS Officer after completing class 12th with Arts stream? Which exam should I prepare for? How a B.Sc graduate can get a Government job? How can I prepare for the job?
  2. Which course should I pursue after completing 12th (Science) to become an IAS officer?
  3. Which Bank courses are available after completing class 12th with Arts stream?
  4. Which stream in class 12th will be helpful to become an IAS Officer?
  5. What are the career opportunities available after completing class 12th with Arts stream?
  6. How to prepare for IAS Officer's exam? Procedure for the exam for 12th standard Arts stream student? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which stream should I choose for Graduation to become an IAS Officer?
  8. How to become an IAS officer with Arts? I am a student of class 10th
  9. How to become an IAS officer?
  10. What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer after completing class 12th (BIPC)?
  11. What should I do to become an IAS Officer being a 12th student?
  12. How can I become an IAS officer? I am a class 12th student with PCM stream
  13. Can I apply for CID officer exam after passing class 12th with arts?
  14. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IAS Officer? Which exam do I have to write?
  15. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IAS Officer? Which exam do I need to write?
  16. What should I study after completing 12th to become an IAS Officer? Minimum marks required in 10th and 12th to join IAS?
  17. Which stream should I choose in class 12th to become a high rank Police Officer like SI, IPS and IAS? -- [New]
  18. Which subjects should I choose in Arts stream to become an IAS Officer?
14th December 2016, 07:09 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after completing class 12th (Arts stream) to become an IAS Officer?

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and for recruitment candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university with age limit 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to prepare for examination with a better strategy and determination to qualify in examination.

For syllabus and other information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th December 2016, 09:13 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after completing class 12th (Arts stream) to become an IAS Officer?

To become an I.A.S Officer the candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination which is conducted by UPSC every year and is among the toughest examination.

For qualifying in examination you have to study with determination, dedication and devotion. So, you need to start preparation for examination from now as according to syllabus.

The eligibility to appear for examination is bachelor degree and age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th December 2016, 10:03 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th and after completing it I want to know what should I do after completing class 12th (Arts stream) to become an IAS Officer? Do I have to prepare for any exam? If yes then please tell me about the exam and how should I prepare for it?

After completion of 12th (arts stream) you should study a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline to become an IAS Officer. You can study BA History or BA Geography or BA Social Science or BA Political Science or any graduation course to be eligible for the civil service examinations (IAS, IPS etc). The civil service examinations have Preliminary Examinations, Main Examinations and Personal Interview. First you have to clear the Preliminary examinations to qualify for the next level. The civil service examinations are conducted by UPSC once in every year.
14th December 2016, 10:18 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To become IAS officer you have to complete your degree course in any discipline from a recognised University whether in Arts, commerce or Science as per your interest and according to the stream have chosen in your intermediate.
As you have completed your 12th standard from arts stream hence your eligible to take admission in Bachelor of Arts and after completing your degree you have to appear in civil services exams. Personally I would like to suggest you to join a good coaching institute in order to crack IAS exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?