22nd March 2017, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IAS Officer? Which exam do I need to write?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 9th now and after completing it I want to become an IAS Officer in the future so I want to know which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IAS Officer? Which exam do I need to write? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
23rd March 2017, 08:01 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IAS Officer? Which exam do I need to write?

There is no need to choose any particular subject in class 11th even if you are interested to become an IAS officer. To be eligible to appear in IAS examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree or equivalent examination in any discipline from a recognized board. You can pursue any course of your interest in class 12th and after that, you need to pursue Bachelor's degree course to be eligible to appear in IAS examination.
23rd March 2017, 11:27 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IAS Officer? Which exam do I need to write?

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Officer and for recruitment you need to have minimum bachelor degree qualification.

So, you will be not eligible to appear for examination ( Civil Service ) after 9th or 10th std.

The minimum eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed ( final year can also ) bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear for examination. So, you can pursue any stream in 11th-12th or bachelor degree to appear for examination.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?