25th February 2023, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for pilot training courses?

I am pursuing my diploma 3rd year, am I eligible for pilot training courses?

26th February 2023, 01:10 AM
SurajPSingh

Default Re: Eligibility for pilot training courses?

To become a pilot in India, there are different eligibility criteria for different types of pilot licenses. For Commercial Pilot License (CPL), which allows you to fly commercial aircraft, the following are the eligibility requirements:
  • Age: You must be at least 17 years old to apply for a Student Pilot License (SPL) and at least 18 years old to apply for a CPL.
  • Educational qualification: You must have passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board or university.
  • Medical fitness: You must pass the medical examination conducted by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) approved medical examiner.
  • Flying experience: You need to have a minimum of 200 hours of flying experience, including at least 100 hours of solo flying and 50 hours of cross-country flying.

Therefore, as a diploma student, you are eligible to apply for pilot training courses in India, provided you meet the above criteria.
26th February 2023, 04:43 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for pilot training courses?

Eligibility for pilot training courses:-

Educational qualification :-

The candidate should have passed 12th standard with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognised board.
The candidate must have physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects at the 12th level.

Age limit:-

The minimum age limit for student pilots licence is 16 years, for private licence is 17 years and for commercial pilot licence is 18 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?