25th February 2023, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to get internship at AIIMS for 12 months?

Sir, I am pursuing ETCT at Jamia Hamdard university New Delhi. My 12 months training starts from 10th August, I want to do my internship at AIIMS. Please tell me about the procedure.

26th February 2023, 08:33 PM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: Procedure to get internship at AIIMS for 12 months?

Procedure:

1. You can (and you have to) do internship from AIIMS only if you have done your MBBS from AIIMS.

2. AIIMS does not offer internship to students of other colleges. Hope that answers your question.
27th February 2023, 09:12 PM
Sona_kshi
Banned

Default Re: Procedure to get internship at AIIMS for 12 months?

Internship in AIIMS, compared to other colleges is very relaxed. The other Delhi colleges expect interns to be on duty for the entire shift and night shifts is a compulsion for the interns.

While in AIIMS Delhi, the posting in the major departments isn't that strict. An intern needs to be present during the ward rounds, OPD, during sampling procedures and that's it. Nothing else is expected of an intern here.

But AIIMS Delhi interns are posted in the village (Ballabgarh, Chainsa and Dayalpur ) for a period of 3 months where they are required to run the PHC. This particular 3 months is very hectic. We are divided into batches and are posted there on rotation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?