12th July 2016, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MA course in Mumbai?

I am MA in English got 48% in MA can I get PhD in Mumbai. Am I eligible? What is the minimum qualification required to apply for the Ph.D? Can you please provide me the complete details on the same as soon as possible? Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of MA course? List of best colleges in Mumbai to join?
  2. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MA course in Mumbai?
  3. Am I eligible for PhD from Mumbai University having 46% in MA?
  4. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D after completion of MA B.Ed through University of Mumbai?
  5. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  6. Can someone please provide me technical assistance for completion of Ph.D course in Mumbai University?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for PhD after completion of BBA and MBA in distance mode? -- [Most Discussed] -- [New]
  8. Am I eligible to do Phd in Psychology after completion of M.D in Homeo?
  9. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed?
  10. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in mass and communication after completion of M.A Journalism long back?
  11. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Physics in part time without completion of master's degree? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc Computer Science?
  13. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MCA with 76% marks?
  14. Am I eligible for GATE for PhD? GATE for PhD in Bioinformatics?
  15. Am I eligible for PhD after completion of MBA and CA-Articleship? Universities offering PhD in external or distance mode?
  16. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D after completion of 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering with 76.77 percentage? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Scholarships and institutes for PhD in Chemistry at Mumbai?
  18. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of an Executive MBA?
12th July 2016, 11:03 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MA course in Mumbai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am MA in English got 48% in MA can I get PhD in Mumbai. Am I eligible? What is the minimum qualification required to apply for the Ph.D? Can you please provide me the complete details on the same as soon as possible? Awaiting for the response.
You have got 48% in M.A in English, So you are not eligible for Ph.D course in Mumbai.

Required percentage marks for Ph.D course is 55% from a recognized University.

There are no age criteria.
13th July 2016, 09:27 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say you that since you have scored very less marks which is 48% of marks in Post Graduation, you are not eligible to opt for Ph.D course.
Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for Ph.D, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D:-

Candidates must have completed Master's degree from a recognised University.
Candidates must have scored at least 55% of marks in Master's degree.
Candidates must have a valid NET scorecard.
14th July 2016, 01:13 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you have completed MA course with 55% marks then you are eligible to do PhD program. Persons having passed post graduate degree with at least 55% marks or equivalent GPA are eligible to apply for PhD program. The candidates will be selected on their performance in the PhD Entrance Test and interview conducted by the university. The PhD program is available in various subjects in many institutions and universities in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?